No announcement yet.

Tye fields wants never pajkic and Tyson fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tye fields wants never pajkic and Tyson fury

My local boxing writer Is totally biased in all his articles & he & I have scored fights comportent different & he is always ringside but I think he is blind...anyways here's his article yesterday...As limited as Tyson Fury’s repertoire is at this early stage of his career, the hulking British Commonwealth heavyweight champion should have no trouble defending his title against Canadian champ Neven Pajkic on Nov. 12 in Manchester.
    Both men are 16-0, but Fury — who stands 6-foot-9 and weighs 255 pounds — has shown much better punching prowess against a generally superior crop of opponents, with 11 KOs to Pajkic’s five.
    At 23, Fury is also 11 years younger and will enjoy a six-inch reach advantage over the Torontonian, who is 6-3, 235.
    All of which bodes well for Edmonton’s Tye Fields.
    The No. 1 contender for the Canadian Boxing Federation title for nearly two years, Fields has repeatedly called out Pajkic, with no success.
    The 6-foot-8, 260-pound knockout artist — 44 KOs in 49 wins, against just four losses — has also expressed a desire to fight Fury. As a U.S. citizen, however, Fields can’t challenge for the Commonwealth crown.
    “Beating a (top 15) contender like Fury could put Tye right where he needs to be in order to be considered for a (world) title shot,” said KO Boxing promoter/trainer Milan Lubovac, who worked Fields’ corner in the Montana-born slugger’s impressive six-round stoppage of Minnesota’s Raphael Butler (35-10) on Oct. 7 at the Shaw Conference Centre.
    “Besides his record, the thing Tye has going for him is size. The Klitschko brothers only want to defend their titles against other real big guys ... and there’s not too many names on that list.”
    Fury is one of them. So is Fields.
    Ergo, regardless of who wins in Manchester, Fields could fight — and beat — either Fury or Pajkic and end up knocking on the door for a shot at the big bauble.
    Fury is currently ranked No. 11 by the World Boxing Council, which slots Pajkic at No. 30. BoxRec.com ranks the Commonwealth champ No. 9 out of 1,111 global heavyweights, with Pajkic at No. 44 and Fields at No. 75.
    Fields’ record — not to mention the quality of his opposition — totally outclasses the other two guys, but in the murky netherworld of global ratings, the fact two of his four losses came in the last six months (both by KO) counts for more than his 49 wins.
    Beating the winner of the Battle of Manchester — preferably right here in Edmonton — would go a long way towards rectifying that anomaly.
    Pajkic’s promoter, Rick Smiciklas, agrees.
    “Neven vs. Tye is the fight everybody in Canada wants to see,” said Smiciklas. “They’re definitely on a collision course.”*

I don't think Fury has many problems with Pajkic, from what I've seen, he's very limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
      I don't think Fury has many problems with Pajkic, from what I've seen, he's very limited.
      we shall see

Comment

Working...
      X