Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was Hurd's fight night weight, anybody know?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looked huge. He looked like he weighed about a 175 lb.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      Can someone post the proof that the 163 was for the IBF next day weigh in? I assume IBF does the same thing for final eliminator's, yet Showtime showed J-Rock weighing 170 at fight time. Seems unlikely Showtime would use weights from 2 different times for 2 different fights.
      Under the IBF rules the same day weigh in is to be conducted between 8.00am and 10.00 am that day.

There was a report of the weights on ESPN, I believe or here. I will try to find it.

Showtime or HBO weights I take with a grain of salt. If they didn't get on network scales they'd probably use whatever they could
      Last edited by jreckoning; 04-08-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

For those claiming that his weight was 163 "just because Showtime listed that as his fight weight" should also go to Showtime's website, look up the Lara v Hurd fight info - and see that it CLEARLY says Lara is 5'9 and Hurd is (drumroll).....also 5'9.

Now, if people are of the ilk that "Well, if Showtime said it, then it must be gospel" then you're outside your tree. If you believe that Hurd and Lara are the same height, I don't know what to tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          That is not what they said. They said those were the weights they weighed going into the ring, not morning weights. Even if they made a mistake and those were morning of the fight weights it's plain that Hurd isn't much heavier than Lara.
          I agree that Hurd isn’t much heavier. But if you look at ESPN front page you will be able to note that those are the exact weights from the morning weigh in. There was no unofficial weight prior to the ring last night. Both respectively were within the 10 lb weight gain allowed by the IBF. Hard to think they weighed that at 9am and didn’t put in an ounce in 14 hrs. It’s all good though, at least we were able to get a great fight! That’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone bring out the beast in Lara. It was like a cornered dog. Best fight from Lara, offensively, that I’ve ever seen. Do you think his age played a factor? Will there be a rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            I’m 185. Just wondering how far you’ll go with this bull****.
            hurd was at least 180-185 and should fight the other weight cheater danny Jacobs. he HAS to being using clenetol or whatever the phuck it is to make weight

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              yes they did say. You just weren't watching when they gave the fight night weights. Hurd weighed 163 and lara weighed 162 on fight night. Wow! A 1 pound weight bully. Trout weighed over 170 in the ring when he fought cotto. He probably weighed the same when hurd knocked him out. Hurd isn't a weight bully. He makes weight easily as 153 should tell us. He only gains 9 pounds from the weigh in to the fight. Weight bully is just an excuse to trash a damn good champion.
              bulls h it

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                Under the IBF rules the same day weigh in is to be conducted between 8.00am and 10.00 am that day.

There was a report of the weights on ESPN, I believe or here. I will try to find it.

Showtime or HBO weights I take with a grain of salt. If they didn't get on network scales they'd probably use whatever they could
                Right, but I know Showtime showed 162 and 163 for Lara and Hurd, but J-Rock was 170. J-Rock's fight was an IBF eliminator, so I assume they are under the same rehydration rules. Just seems odd to me that Showtime would use the official IBF morning weights for the Lara/Hurd fight but then use weights from I guess just before the fight for Williams/Gallimore. That is at least why I assumed that all the weights were from just before their fights and not the morning of, IBF rehyrdation weights.

Comment

The crazy thing about Hurd is not his height. It's that while being tall, he doesn't have the lanky skinny look most people of his height have when fighting at a low weight (think Paul Williams, Tommy Hearns, Caballero, Funeka, etc.)

It's just the way he's built, he looks heavier than what he is. Let's be honest, even at the weigh in, when we factually know he weighed in 153, our eyes tell us he must be heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Right, but I know Showtime showed 162 and 163 for Lara and Hurd, but J-Rock was 170. J-Rock's fight was an IBF eliminator, so I assume they are under the same rehydration rules. Just seems odd to me that Showtime would use the official IBF morning weights for the Lara/Hurd fight but then use weights from I guess just before the fight for Williams/Gallimore. That is at least why I assumed that all the weights were from just before their fights and not the morning of, IBF rehyrdation weights.
                    Williams had to be under 164 in the morning or the IBF wouldn't have sanctioned the eliminator. It's why Danny Jacobs couldn't fight for the IBF title against Golovkin because he refused to weigh in same day morning.

Whatever Hurd weighed and I believe it was more than 163 for sure, he made weight and the second day weight so he followed all the rules to become champ so props!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      Williams had to be under 164 in the morning or the IBF wouldn't have sanctioned the eliminator. It's why Danny Jacobs couldn't fight for the IBF title against Golovkin because he refused to weigh in same day morning.

Whatever Hurd weighed and I believe it was more than 163 for sure, he made weight and the second day weight so he followed all the rules to become champ so props!
                      Right, I agree with all this. I just don't understand why Showtime would use William's weight from just before the fight (since it said he was 170) but not do the same for the Lara/Hurd fight, unless they refused to weigh in again. But, either way, as you say Hurd made the limit (easily) at the weigh-in and made the 2nd IBF weight, so there is really nothing to argue about here. He did everything by the book and won fair and sqaure

Comment

Working...
                      X