No announcement yet.

The ball is in AJ's court. Wilder agrees to UK and a rematch clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    As far as I could make out from Hearn during the DAZN days where he did some interviews, he said that Wilder would make more fighting in the UK due to the insane upfront guarantee made to Joshua for the U.S fight.

If both Wilder and Joshua would make more in the U.S then there's no excuse not to have it there imo. Joshua is his own man and can decide to make less for a UK fight, but it's not fair if Wilder then also has to make less.

But I don't believe there's a lot of light on this thing.
    Yeah, Wilder definitely makes more in the US. I mean, it's one thing to say he'll make a lot of money in the UK, it's another to actually offer him $12.5 million and then say the fight just isn't that big.

Well...he's right. It isn't that big...in the UK. Joshua says give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow. $50m obviously seems like an extremely high guarantee for him. But not if it's in the UK.

In the UK, you pay to rent a venue.

In Vegas, the venue pays you a handsome fee to hold it there.

The gate would be about the same for either venue.

In the UK, you lose US PPV.

With US PPV, you're talking an additional $50-100 million more.

Clearly both fighters would take less for it to be in the UK. Which is why Hearn started making comments about how it's not all about the money, etc.

But we'll see what the counter was in the next few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      yup im a believer of actions speak louder than words

hearn is saying one thing doing another
      Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Actions speak louder than words.. I agree.

Now who’s done what in their careers
      well thank you for agreeing with me that hearn is the one who doesnt want it.....

they need to fight each other imo that would be the best test for each others career thats why this fight needs to happen

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        well thank you for agreeing with me that hearn is the one who doesnt want it.....

they need to fight each other imo that would be the best test for each others career thats why this fight needs to happen
        When they agree to fight you'll back track.

So predictable.

Comment

Working...
        X