No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua will make $20 Million, Pulev $5 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    I'd imagine those figures are accurate. The stadium is 80,000 and his PPV numbers are big and it's not like Pulev will be getting a huge cut of the money, although he's still doing pretty well out of it himself.

He earned around £15m for the Wlad fight apparently, and i'd imagine that was a fairly even % split. So when he's doing a stadium fight again and he's getting a huge cut of the money, it wouldn't surprise me he's earning that much.
    David Haye is definitely seeing £££ signs otherwise I think he'd have rode off into the sunset.

It is unbelievable money really. If AJ got beat by Pulev can you imagine the amount of grown men crying? And I am just talking about his fellow heavyweights - literally all of them.

The lack of depth in the division means that someone at some point is going to hit the lottery. I'd imagine that £4 million for Pulev will sort of become a standard purse for an AJ victim. Unless he gets splattered and has to do a rebuilding job at the 02 for example. In which case, old Del Boy will get a few mill.

Comment

Respect on Joshua getting paid. Is that make him #1 in the game right now? Canelo hasn't got $20M guaranteed since Floyd has he or not? And Manny has dropped down a lot. Maybe the final PPV money isn't quite there yet, but maybe it is. Either way Joshua is doing well right now. Good luck to the dude in keeping things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Respect on Joshua getting paid. Is that make him #1 in the game right now? Canelo hasn't got $20M guaranteed since Floyd has he or not? And Manny has dropped down a lot. Maybe the final PPV money isn't quite there yet, but maybe it is. Either way Joshua is doing well right now. Good luck to the dude in keeping things like that.
        Canelo didn't get even $10m guaranteed for Floyd, but PPV is much bigger business here than the UK (higher prices, 6x the population etc) so he probably walked away with more than $20m for Floyd and GGG. He can't make a fraction of this money even against Cotto and especially against the Lara's of the world.

Joshua being such a big draw that delivers entertaining action can only be great for Boxing despite the usual crybabies being upset at him for bringing more eyeballs (back) to the sport we claim to love.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Wilder's biggest payday was $2M? His last purse was $900K! Ok, $5M if you count the lawsuit against Povetkin. If I'm Joshua I tell Wilder to bring his ass across the pond if he really wants the fight.
          when???? in 2023?

Comment

Wilder wouldn't take take 7 mill against whyte lol

Comment

happy for AJ hes gettin paid, props to the uk for supporting their fighters as well!

Comment

Pulev getting PAID. Damn!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  David Haye is definitely seeing £££ signs otherwise I think he'd have rode off into the sunset.

It is unbelievable money really. If AJ got beat by Pulev can you imagine the amount of grown men crying? And I am just talking about his fellow heavyweights - literally all of them.

The lack of depth in the division means that someone at some point is going to hit the lottery. I'd imagine that £4 million for Pulev will sort of become a standard purse for an AJ victim. Unless he gets splattered and has to do a rebuilding job at the 02 for example. In which case, old Del Boy will get a few mill.
                  It's definitely the fight Heavyweights will want just for the money. Before that it was the Mayweather lottery, people wanted that because you were certain to get good money and now it's the Joshua lottery.

Put it this way, Joshua's opponents on the level of Pulev are getting roughly the same guarantee as what Canelo is, not Canelo's opponents, Canelo himself lol. So really there's little debate about who is boxings cash cow right now.

Comment

I can see UK muscle man knocking out bomb squad unless the bomb squad get lucky with a haymayker and ko muscle man.(Ps let's hope no steroids on either side)

Comment

Biggest cash cow in boxing now. Dude has under 20 fights too. Damn!! I can just imagine if he goes undefeated to 30-40 fights. Dude will be bringing in those plus 100+ mil checks.

Comment

Working...
                      X