Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner a elite, good, mediocre or a bad fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose mediocre

he hasn't improved as a fighter in years. still the same ol' guy who wants to emulate Floyd but throw too few punches to make a real difference. If he doesn't switch something up, he will be a gatekeeper

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I put good. think he's only lost to one boxer who IMO was better than him, Mikey. His losses to Porter and Maidana IMO were more size related (coupled with his needing to lose so much weight between fights) than them being better than him.

jesus f#cking chris this is ludicrous. based on what? i mean really, based on what? what he told you? how he looked when he was fighting eloy perez, a featherweight? or jason litzau, one of the worst chinned fighters in boxing at the time?

chino maidana doesn't go tit for tat with a former sparring partner named granados unless you catch him after six months at the buffet. shawn porter would absolutely manhandle that guy.

Comment

Like Mike Tyson, Broner doesn't have the character to be a champion. He's a good fighter, but no matter who's in his corner, he'll never live up to what he says he is. He was 100% as ready as he will ever be for any fight. That was as good as he gets. And Mikey had something to do with making Broner look bad.

Comment

a little bit above average

Comment

A solid fighter, but far from p4p quality.

Mikey on the other hand is legit. Broner looked focused, made weight and then some & clearly tried to make a fight of it but fell well short because he isn't elite like Mikey.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 08-01-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              jesus f#cking chris this is ludicrous. based on what? i mean really, based on what? what he told you? how he looked when he was fighting eloy perez, a featherweight? or jason litzau, one of the worst chinned fighters in boxing at the time?

chino maidana doesn't go tit for tat with a former sparring partner named granados unless you catch him after six months at the buffet. shawn porter would absolutely manhandle that guy.
              Based on his talent and skill. Mikey IMO is better than him, Porter and Maidana were bigger than him, not necessarily better.

Broner spends his time getting in shape between fights and can't work on a gameplan because he comes in to camp way too fat and out of shape. His lack of professionalism takes away from his talent IMO.

Triangle assumptions aren't valid. If you feel differently, fine.

Comment

good but not elite, a B- type fighter

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Based on his talent and skill. Mikey IMO is better than him, Porter and Maidana were bigger than him, not necessarily better.

Broner spends his time getting in shape between fights and can't work on a gameplan because he comes in to camp way too fat and out of shape. His lack of professionalism takes away from his talent IMO.

Triangle assumptions aren't valid. If you feel differently, fine.

what talent? when he was a big puncher and had a great chin against featherweights? what are you basing that assumption on other than hype? i'm basing my evaluation of broner based on a comprehensive look at his CV.

he is a 140-147 lber. just look at him when he weighed in last week. making 140 is not easy for him! he is not small!

the amount of excuses made for this guy is just too much for me. just face it, he was hype. good fighter, nowhere near a great one. and certainly not a 130 lber or 135 lber as you seem to think he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Reyes101 View Post
                    How do you consider mikey Elite when he hasn't beat anyone who is considered to be even in a top 10 of their division.
                    Huh?

Zlaticanin was #1 ranked at 135 by The Ring.

Burgos was #5 ranked at 130 by The Ring.

Martinez was ranked top 5 at 130 by The Ring.

Salido was ranked #1 at 126 by The Ring.

Lopez was ranked #6 at 126 by The Ring.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                      Like Mike Tyson, Broner doesn't have the character to be a champion. He's a good fighter, but no matter who's in his corner, he'll never live up to what he says he is. He was 100% as ready as he will ever be for any fight. That was as good as he gets. And Mikey had something to do with making Broner look bad.

mike tyson is a hall of famer and was one of the very best fighters on the planet in his teens and early 20's

Comment

Working...
                      X