Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else thought a draw was the right result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8-4 Golovkin and no a draw is just as a bad a scorecard as 10-2. The only way the fight is a draw is if you give Canelo pity rounds for being thoroughly outboxed for the majority of the fight.

Comment

I can understand a draw. I personally had it for Golovkin, but by the 6th round, I knew it was going to be seen a lot of different ways.

I think the big problem is Byrd's score. It was not in the realm of possibility, which seems to have made people aggravated about the draw.

Comment

I had Canelo winning 115-113 but whatever hbo clearly wants a rematch

Comment

Was a pretty even fight. It's one if those fights where it depends on what you look for. I hate the fact that dudes are acting like Golovkin dominated. He didn't. SMH. He disappointed me greatly with his performance. He's s good fighter. He's farrrrr from as great as ppl wanna give him credit for. All those times he had Canelo on the ropes and he couldn't land many flush shots that weren't jabs(he has one of the best jabs in boxing, no question) No body work, nothing on the inside. That's the major flaws of the Eastern European style and it showed up big time. Disappointed.

Comment

Yup. There was no clear winner. This draw just means we will get a rematch and hopefully a clearer result. The fight could have gone either way depending how you score a fight.

Do u like the busier more consistent guy or the do u like few but clean hard punching.

IMO a result just makes a rematch necessary which is needed because it was very close. A decision to either guy would lessen the chances of a rematch

Comment

I had it 7-5 Canelo. Draw is perfectly reasonable, as is 7-5 the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                Yeah I scored a draw. Don't know what all the fuss is about, people should be able to objectively overlook the terrible scorecard.

I feel too many people are still influenced by commentary even though they won't admit it. I thought Golovkin arguably won his rounds more convincingly and obviously pushed the fight, but again you don't score the event you score Marquess of Queensberry Rules. It doesn't matter if you convincingly win 6 rounds and the other guy barely wins 6 rounds, its the way it goes, a lot of people have a problem with comprehending this.
                Okay, that is something I was going to put in my post but didn't want to ramble on. Golovkin won his rounds more convincing that I gave him imo. With that being said, they were about 3-4 rounds that could have gone either way. Now, if you have a bias you are going to give them to whoever you are rooting for. For me, I gave it to the guy who was landing more effect blows. Some were Canelo, some were for GGG. With that being said, there is no robbery when they are a lot of doubt in those rounds that could have gone either way.

Comment

I had it a draw, or a slight edge to Canelo.

I loved his body work. I felt he had the more accurate punches.

Golovkin definitely had the stamina and workrate advantage, but everytime he was walking Canelo down, I felt was due to poor stamina rather than taking punishment. Golovkin was missing A LOT.

A draw was the right call. No controversy here at all.

Canelo wins the rematch if it happens. He still has room to grow where Golovkin does not.

Comment

I am sorry to disappoint anyone but the answer is no. GGG deserved that victory. If a challenger wants to take the champion's title away then he is going to have to throw multiple punches not just flashy punches in spurts, then retreat while backing away to avoid exchanges.

That's exactly what Canelo did. Granted, I did give him a lot of credit for his defense. He was able to make Gennady miss a lot by slipping most of his punches with both lower and upper body movement but he just wasn't as active or busy enough to justify a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      I can understand a draw. I personally had it for Golovkin, but by the 6th round, I knew it was going to be seen a lot of different ways.

I think the big problem is Byrd's score. It was not in the realm of possibility, which seems to have made people aggravated about the draw.
                      I think round 6 could have gone either way, also round 3.

Re-watching it now.

Comment

Working...
                      X