No announcement yet.

GSP confirms UFC return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP confirms UFC return

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has been rumored to be eyeing a return to the cage for some time now.

After vacating his world title and sitting idle since his 2013 win over Johny Hendricks, the Canadian mega-star is now ready to get back to action.

On today’s edition of “The MMA Hour” he announced he’s ready to return to the UFC.

“I did a training camp to push myself and go back to the highest levels of competition. I didn’t fight, but I put myself through a training camp, and I sparred and everything, and I did it successfully. Yeah I could fight. Now I know I could go back and fight if my management and the UFC get to an agreement”

“Now I told them I have to do a training camp. I had a little, not injury, but little things that was bothering me physically. I got over it and did my training camp and now I’m back, and we were waiting because a lot of things were going on. Rory was fighting, and there’s a rumor that they are gonna sell and stuff like that, so we were a little bit waiting to see what’s going on and in the meantime before we talk to them again.”

http://entimports.com/2016/06/gsp-co...-ufcs-octagon/

Good! I really don't know what to expect, it would be a GSP thing to do to show up ring rusted as hell but comes back and looks like he never left.

I'm NOT really that interested in the potential Bisbing fight but I'll watch regardless.

Comment

Great news.

If he does fight Bisping, it will probably be a one time deal at Middleweight. That division has some real killers who are much bigger than GSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Great news.

If he does fight Bisping, it will probably be a one time deal at Middleweight. That division has some real killers who are much bigger than GSP.
        Yeah I'm not sure how he'd look at middleweight. Bisping is a fair bit bigger.

What would be fun is him vs Lawler. That could be interesting

Comment

Big GSP fan. Hopefully he isn't too rusty on return.

Comment

It's not easy to retire in MMA either, man. Anderson, Brock, Hendo, Fedor and now GSP are alll out there still giving us (great) fights. I welcome them with open arms.

Comment

UFC 204 - Make it happen!
              Georges St-Pierre v Conor McGregor

Comment

can't wait, finally the UFC is getting some drawing power back.

Comment

Bisping might actually be a bad match up for GSP. Atleast at this stage. Bisping has epic takedown defense if youve seen that Chael Sonnen fight. Rockhold choked him out because he knocked him down first. GSP would have to have more of a killer instinct since grinding a much bigger fighter with good takedown defense isnt going to be easy.

If he comes out swinging and rocks Bisping he could probably finish him. But thats alot to ask a guy who i dont think has finished anybody since he last fought Hughes and Serra lmao

Comment

Much rather him fight Lawler. Lawler is my favorite Welteeweight and id love to see him solidify he epic title reigns by KOing the King :weed5:

Comment

Working...
                    X