No announcement yet.

honest question for AJ fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Only a "fantastic" deal for Wilder if his team is proven correct about the fight being worth so much more in the US than in the UK. Remember, Hearn claims this is only a $40 million fight in the UK and $45 million in the US, maybeeeee $50 million. So if Hearn is telling the truth, that would mean Wilder is fighting for free in the first fight so AJ can get his $50 million.

Like every other non-American star before him. Are you saying Lennox Lewis shouldn't have come to America? Manny Pacquiao shouldn't have come to America? Canelo shouldn't fight in America? All those fighters were getting bad advice by coming here and making a bajillion dollars?

They spent 8 months discussing a two fight deal. It was only in the end that Hearn swerved them. If there was going to be a two fight deal, it's smarter for the A-side to have the second fight at home. That's the fight that determines the leverage for a potential rubber match.

You can talk all you want about Hearn's master plan, but his plan is what's best for him, not necessarily what's best for AJ. Telling a fighter to take 25 million to fight at home instead of 50 million to fight abroad is horrible advice.

AJ can do better if he keeps winning, but at heavyweight, that is a serious risk for every fighter. This was a scenario that assured several insane paydays, even if he lost the first fight. AJ vs. Wilder is the fight the public wanted and easily could have been a trilogy that made AJ 150-200 million. Where is he going to make that in 3 fights? Why should his career be based on what's best for the launch of DAZN instead of what puts the most money in his pocket?

I appreciate the reply and will respond but it will have to be at a little length and I've got to be somewhere.

Comment

Difference between can't and won't. Could provide you with all sorts of damning evidence against the BBBoC, NAC, NYSAC, etc. But then how am I supposed to make a living?

If you're naive enough to believe commissions don't protect future revenue, I don't want to burst your bubble. It'd be like telling a child Santa isn't real.
      Still a no then. It isn't like telling me Santa isn't real when I enjoy boxing as a whole and already am aware of high level corruption in the sport. This isn't rooted in my being British it's rooted in your inability to provide me anything remotely factual.
      The NSAC and NYSAC have always been implicated in that behaviour with or without corrobative evidence. They've been highly chastised for behaviour when it comes to rulings..testing enforcement..judge choices and have been for years in major fights and multiple sports.

Promoters themselves have accused those bodies of being corrupt and escaped with little to no punishment because once is all laid bare those bodies have had to scurry and cover themselves as a priority before punishing those making an accusation . Both in-house and mainstream media have stated that actions and decisions made by those bodies have stank to high heaven.

I am yet to see in all my years of watching boxing..a single promoter..fighter..trainer and absolutely any form of reputable media outlet..be it solely for boxing or otherwise ..be they national or international in reach , level an accusation of corruption at the bbbofc and it hold absolutely any weight whatsoever.

You are talking out of your arse and the simple fact is..that if the "3" of you all have close ties to each major org president..two of you at least have ties to organisations that have been complicit in high level corruption.. the third being in a very shady area because "nothing has been proved" but enough **** sticks.

Your involvement with the the bbbofc in my estimations is completely non existent and any involvement at all in your capacity would be simply to accept what they say and nothing more.

Carry on your debates regarding your ability to promote an imaginary Anthony joshua with juggernaut and the others..you can't provide me with a single thing regarding our debate topic that makes this worth continuation for me.

Comment

You don't want home court so you can sleep in your own bed. You want home court for refs, judges, etc. Although in this kind of unification fight, it'll likely be sanctioning body judges and you're really only talking about the ref and MAYBE one judge.

Nobody in history has paid 15 million for that before. It's insane. Every major fight in history has gone where the money is. To take 15 million less to pick the ref shows a fear of losing we've never seen from a major star before. Which at least AJ has been honest about.
        The last 2 fights for Joshua had neutrals. The last 2 fights for Wilder had all Americans. So in looking at who makes sure the deck is stacked in their favour, look no further than Wilder.

Joshua and Hearn don't pick the ref, how many times do you need to be told?

These posts will be the last time I engage with you because you're clearly biased and want to push your agenda, so there is no point in wasting any more time on you. You're a weirdo who thinks he can change things by making negative and biased posts about Joshua when the truth is your bull**** goes no further than this forum. And you're not a millionaire because no millionaire would have a job posting on a worthless boxing forum. So i'll leave you with your maddening delusion.

Comment

A forum read by the heads of most major commissions...

Nice try though...
          You're a weirdo who has nothing what so ever.

Nice try though.

Comment

How would you know? You have no knowledge, experience, or insight. You're just guessing.
            I'm just guessing? Says the guy with all the assumptions with nothing to back it up with? You're a clown who doesn't know the meaning of irony.

Logic as I say is on my side. You don't need "Experience" or "Insight" to know that Wilder would have said he earns more than the offer so he's not going to take it. You claim that Wilder gets paid more than the records show but have nothing as per usual other than biased assumptions.

You, are one sad bastard.

Comment

Who said he deserved one? He already agreed to 50 million no rematch and 15 million one sided rematch. What else could you ask from him?
              It's good that you see Wilder as being unreasonable. He doesn't deserve a rematch clause, so in continuing to do so only results in this fight not being made. Wilder is the one who is making negotiations problematic, so the blame lays with him and him alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                The last 2 fights for Joshua had neutrals. The last 2 fights for Wilder had all Americans. So in looking at who makes sure the deck is stacked in their favour, look no further than Wilder.

Joshua and Hearn don't pick the ref, how many times do you need to be told?

These posts will be the last time I engage with you because you're clearly biased and want to push your agenda, so there is no point in wasting any more time on you. You're a weirdo who thinks he can change things by making negative and biased posts about Joshua when the truth is your bull**** goes no further than this forum. And you're not a millionaire because no millionaire would have a job posting on a worthless boxing forum. So i'll leave you with your maddening delusion.
                " And you're not a millionaire because no millionaire would have a job posting on a worthless boxing forum. So i'll leave you with your maddening delusion. "

Maybe WBC is an ECCENTRIC millionaire ?

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  " And you're not a millionaire because no millionaire would have a job posting on a worthless boxing forum. So i'll leave you with your maddening delusion. "

Maybe WBC is an ECCENTRIC millionaire ?
                  Not even an eccentric millionaire would have a job posting on a boxing forum. The guy is clearly beyond help. I've seen some bull**** artists on forums in my time, but he takes the cake. I'm just going to ignore him now because it clearly is a waste of my time. I'll let him get on with his deluded crusade.

Comment

It's good that you see Wilder as being unreasonable. He doesn't deserve a rematch clause, so in continuing to do so only results in this fight not being made.
                    Wilder agreed to fight without a rematch clause. So no, he wasn't being unreasonable. However, once he proved Hearn was lying about willing to do the fight next, Wilder lost all interest in taking a ****ty deal.

And now that he's not willing to take a ****ty deal, he's gone back to his 50/50 posturing. Which anybody reasonable should realize means he'd take 60/40. You always have to 'demand' more than what you're actually settle for.

Comment

You don't need "Experience" or "Insight" to know that Wilder would have said he earns more than the offer so he's not going to take it.
                      Because you don't have experience or insight, you are guessing how things work. There's no reason for Wilder to admit to his enemy that he's filing bogus numbers to avoid taxes and sanctioning fees. Would be idiotic for Wilder to admit that to Hearn.

Broner is an idiot, so he did admit that to Hearn. Wilder was smart enough not to.

Comment

Working...
                      X