Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Despite Talk, Ramirez Not Seeking Toughest Tests at 140 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
    I'm glad the writer is actually noticing what is going on and calling Top Rank out for it.

It's refreshing to see because the boxing media usually tends to give Bob Arum a pass.

Ramirez is clearly being protected from Prograis and from the World Boxing Super Series.
    False Prograis turned right down went to tournament...Ramirez cant enter because if Top Ranks contractual agreement to have Ramirez fight on ESPN

Never let a little thing like facts get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by The Conundrum View Post
      Keep up, Prograis vacated his mandatory position to enter the World Boxing Super Series (as long as he wins next week). Then Josh Taylor became Ramirez mandatory when he beat Postol. But Taylor has joined the World Boxing Super Series now too.

Ramirez should do the right thing and join these two great fighters in the WBSS
      He can not...he is obligated to ESPN...no one is worried about Taylor believe me...and Prograis turned down fight with Ramirez already

Comment

Originally posted by fanofbox View Post
        Let's just call it what it is. Ramirez is a fighter on the wrong side of 25 and in his physical peak. He'd been a pro for 6/7 years and this is where he is at. He's an average fighter who they manipulated to become a champion. They don't want him exposed by putting in the ring with as real that. Just call it for what it is and move on from the guy
        Ramirez is 25 lol and is a unique talent that makes him a fan favorite and all these top guys turning down fights with him.

Comment

I think there's always going to be that question asked of guys who don't go into the WBSS. Promoter/TV issues can come into play of course, but Benadivez and Gilberto Ramirez faced similar criticism.

He can stay clear of Taylor and Prograis while unifying against Hooker.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            I think there's always going to be that question asked of guys who don't go into the WBSS. Promoter/TV issues can come into play of course, but Benadivez and Gilberto Ramirez faced similar criticism.

He can stay clear of Taylor and Prograis while unifying against Hooker.
            Ramirez will likely fight winner of Saucedo and Hooker...then fight the winner of the tournament...everyone wants to rush these fights, but they have to be built for the money to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Force Boxing View Post
              Ramirez cant duck anyone...the fight was turned down already by Prograis team...

If you knew Jose Ramirez you would know he is itching to fight all the beat guys, but they all turn the fights down...he's a scary fighter and they don't want any...despite their damage control talking
              Actually Ramirez made amends with me saying that he hopes Prograis wins and wants to fight him. That is always big with me. He knows Prograis is a very good fighter. Unproven but good.

Comment

Originally posted by Force Boxing View Post
                He can not...he is obligated to ESPN...no one is worried about Taylor believe me...and Prograis turned down fight with Ramirez already
                He never turned down a fight with Prograis. Ever.

Comment

Working...
                X