Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubin Hurricane Carter: Guilty or Innocent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The quotes offered from Carter indicate that he was fully capable of any level of violence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      The quotes offered from Carter indicate that he was fully capable of any level of violence.
      Sugar Ray Robinson was a wife beater, Carter was also, there's not enough evidence though as to whether he was a murderer. the movie version of the giardello fight though was ridiculous, i have seen the film of the real fight, carter had his moments but giardello won the fight

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
        Sugar Ray Robinson was a wife beater, Carter was also, there's not enough evidence though as to whether he was a murderer. the movie version of the giardello fight though was ridiculous, i have seen the film of the real fight, carter had his moments but giardello won the fight
        Right. But I am referring to his statement that he and his buddy used to go out target practicing on human targets. There are enough court and police documents to mark him as a bad person who had been that way for a long time, whether or not he actually committed any murders. I am saying it looks bad for him, not that we have convicted him. Sometimes the winning horse is behind at the midway point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Right. But I am referring to his statement that he and his buddy used to go out target practicing on human targets. There are enough court and police documents to mark him as a bad person who had been that way for a long time, whether or not he actually committed any murders. I am saying it looks bad for him, not that we have convicted him. Sometimes the winning horse is behind at the midway point.
          he was a bad person for sure, but he could have been lying about practicing on human targets to make himself sound tough, just because some guy says he ****ed 1000 women doesn't mean he has, i don't believe him unless i see some sort of evidence to back it up, carter was a gangsta ***** from the hood, he may have committed some murders but to me i'd need to see more evidence that he committed these murders. he probably did kill some people, but they may not have been the ones he was convicted of. byte tython thaid he wanted to eat lennox lewis' children, carter also could have tried to make himself look like a badass out of insecurity

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
            he was a bad person for sure, but he could have been lying about practicing on human targets to make himself sound tough, just because some guy says he ****ed 1000 women doesn't mean he has, i don't believe him unless i see some sort of evidence to back it up, carter was a gangsta ***** from the hood, he may have committed some murders but to me i'd need to see more evidence that he committed these murders. he probably did kill some people, but they may not have been the ones he was convicted of. byte tython thaid he wanted to eat lennox lewis' children, carter also could have tried to make himself look like a badass out of insecurity
            All very true, unfortunately for our investigation. I know in my gut that more than a few innocents have been convicted on false statements they made at some point they thought gave them a tougher personna. Be careful what you say and claim.

Rubin Carter proved just how hard a human body could get. His "traps," started behind his ears. Once you see him hunched in his stance in the ring he may have the most pronounced traps I ever saw on a boxer. The outstanding back muscles that 9 out of 10 big punchers possess, Rubin owned the deluxe edition of. He had power.

Unfortunately for him, and perhaps for those three people in the bar that night, slick boxers could ruin Rubin's ranking anytime he dared. If Rubin's career proves anything, it proves that. When Joey Archer whips you in your prime, it is time already to consider another profession. Archer, who could not punch his way out of a cobweb, was a mover and pecked away all night.

Big punchers who are simply befuddled by mobile boxers never get too far in a boxing world set up at least semi-fairly. The Jeff Laceys are doomed to fall hard when they come up against a slickster. Carter even made the statement he would like to get Archer in an alley where he couldn't run. No money in that, except what's in Archer's wallet.

Comment

What was the story with the Canadians who backed Carter and were fanning the flame to get him released? Did I hear they later took a backward step when they got to know him upon his release???

Comment

The dude is guilty as sin..

I thought it was readily known and accepted now?

That the whole "Hurricane Carter" song was some shekel-driven scheme and ploy.

The dude is a grade-A SCUMBAG. The movie LIED and made it look like "he was robbed" by the White dude who beat his ass hahah.

The movie is a complete sham and fraud.

Comment

I'm glad this scumbag is dead now - and he lost a lot of years rotting in prison.

Also glad that Joey Giardello, the boxer who slapped Carter silly, was awarded a court settlement for being defamed in the movie.

Great outcomes all around.

Comment

Max Baer was also defamed in that Cinderella Man movie.

Comment

Now I ask, if it weren't for Bob Dylan, would we be discussing Carter over all the other fighters from days gone by? What I mean, did Dylan make Carter an item with his song? There were many fighters through history that did wrong, or were wronged by the times and many forgotten stories. Did Dylan who was a legendary song writer make Carter? What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                      X