Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo To Hurd: You Took Easier Fight - I Want That Work!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurd vs Charlo will be interesting to watch.

Charlo is a big puncher,moves forward and also in his prime.

I see this fight coming on in early 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      Hurd hasn't tried to take any kind of easy path. He fought Frank Galarza when he was being hyped up, fought Harrison, Trout and went after Lara when nobody else wanted tot angle with him. The Charlo brothers are skilled fighters and seem to have found some nasty power recently. I'd like to see Hurd punish Charlo but I think Hurd's style is all wrong against Charlo. Not sure he walks through Charlo's shots like that. Hope I'm wrong.
      Yeah that power looks nasty against all of those garbage opponents. Remember Lara caved Angulo's eye socket in....he hit Hurd with an uppercut that should have changed his game plan. Instead, Hurd went Terminator on him and took his crown. The Charlo's won't make it past 10rds. Hurd is the real deal....GGG better not fight this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        He looks like an optical illusion??? I have no clue someone that size and build can make 153???
        Scale don't lie! He definitely looked WAY bigger than Lara! I just hate the term "weight-cheat." If a guy wants to drain himself, I don't see it as an advantage. It damn sure didn't work for Brook vs. Spence Jr.! Eventually, it will catch up with the fighter draining himself (See Chavez Jr.). Right now, Hurd has more stamina, and more will power in Rounds 9-12, and that's why he's winning!

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
          Lara was an easier fight but at least Hurd took on the challenge. Lara was the man to beat at 154. Hurd went straight at him. In this day of diva fighters this is what you want to see. Charlo is just flapping his gums at this point. Maybe he's should find another prospect like Lubin to bully. He won't be able to bully Hurd.
          Can't blame him for Lubin, the kid was his mandatory for some reason.

Comment

Just saw something that i'm not very pleased with:

Junior middleweight titlist Jermell Charlo is scheduled to defend his belt for the third time June 9 at Staples Center in Los Angeles in the Showtime co-feature of the Leo Santa Cruz-Abner Mares II card. While Charlo doesn't have an opponent signed yet, a source with knowledge of the plans told ESPN on Friday that Charlo (30-0, 15 KOs), 27, of Houston, likely will face former titlist Austin Trout (31-4, 17 KOs), 32, of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Trout, a southpaw, ended a two-fight losing skid in February with an eight-round decision over Juan De Angel. The those losses were both in junior middleweight world title fights, a 10th-round stoppage Jarrett Hurd in October and a competitive decision loss to Jermall Charlo, Jermell’s twin brother, in 2016.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-23056040

Charlo vs. Trout? Why? Why would Trout be given another title shot so soon after being stopped by Hurd? Jermell Charlo vs. Kell Brook! Let's Go! I would rather Charlo pull out of the June card to fight Brook, rather than fight Trout! If not Brook, then Tony Harrison (27) would be better than Trout (32)! Let Trout fight Lubin, DeLoach, or Gallimore!

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              STFU Charlo, he fought and beat the man whom you and your brother ducked and hide behind the same trainer excuse to not fight him. He unified the division within 2 fights the moment he got a world title, while you sat there, that speaks how much of a fighter Hurd is compared to you.
              Not a fair assessment. Charlo was ordered to fight Hatley and Lubin by the WBC, because that's the rule when you win a vacant title, you have to fight two mandatories in a row.

Ps. The second mandatory was originally Andrade and not Lubin, but guess what? Yeah, that pusie Andrade ducked Charlo....for the third freakin time.

Anyway, it's only after Lubin that Charlo was free to fight other people, but Hurd made it clear he wanted Lara and Lara accepted.

Though.....I do think Jermell was ducking Lara, not officially but you can tell he didn't want any of that work.

Though I don't get why you'd say Jermall was ducking. Defaq? They got the same trainer bro and they in different divisions now.

Comment

Charlo been hiding behind his boy purse while hurd been manning up.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                  Can't blame him for Lubin, the kid was his mandatory for some reason.
                  I'm not really blaming him but his criticism of Hurd doesn't make sense when Lubin was his last opponent. I think Charlo is a good fighter and right now I favor him slightly over Hurd. However, his antics are starting to bother me.

The reason I have him as a slight favorite is because I think he will do better than Lara. They were on the verge of taking the fight from Hurd if he didn't get that KD. I don't think he would be that lucky against Charlo. I can tell you this, Charlo is in for a very tough fight. Hurd is a punishing fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    Hurd has done more and quicker - has huge momentum - while Charlo had options to fight Lara and Andrade and they fell through. Conveniently. As a champ you get one chance to pass - and he used that to avoid his brother but pulling the same trainer crap and avoiding Andrade is BS .
                    Jermell doesn't have the same trainer as Lara, and yes I agree Jermell did not seem keen at all to fight Lara, though it aint officially a duck.

As far as Andrade is concerned. I don't know if you're his gf, bf, friend, neighbour, coursin, sibling, or parent, coz that's the only way you can come up with that 'Charlo ducked Andrade BS.'

Nobody ever ducked Andrade, Andrade is the biggest ducker in the sport.

He ducked Lara twice and Charlo three times. This isn't even an opinion, it's fact! Everyone who follows the sport knows this.

Andrade moved up to 160 to fight Foxy just after the WBA ordered him to fight Lara, and before that he went fought Culcay for the WBA regular belt even though the WBC had ranked him as Charlo's mandatory. They had to replace him with Lubin coz Andrade didn't want none of that work.

These incidents were the second time he ducked Lara and the third time he ducked Jermell Charlo.

I could tell you about the other times too but that would turn this post into a bible. Bottom line is, accusing ANYONE of ducking Andrade is a slight on anyone's credibility, and you just went and did that shieeet.

Comment

Hurd looking like he belongs at Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                      X