No announcement yet.

Prime Edwin Valero vs. Lucas Matthyse at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Molina is a big, tall guy with long reach though. Valero was not.
    Exactly. On top of that, Matts proved that he can dig down and has fought on a higher level. He would have prepared for a Valero differently than a Molina and been in greater condition. Valero never fought - win or lose, to a fighter on the level of at least 3 guys Matts faced so I don't give points to Valero for nothing in a hypothetical matchup with a proven guy vs an unproven guy at the higher levels. I'm not going to put Valero on top of a podium he never reached.
    Last edited by richardt; 12-30-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Matthysse K.O inside 3 tops with Valero's defense and shaky chin hes lucky to see the first out.

Overrated in every sense of the word.

Comment

Lucas regularly weighs over 160 lbs. when he comes into the ring. He would knock Valero out cold.

Valero was almost knocked out by Mosquera. Matthysse would crush him.

Comment

Garcia spanked Matthysse as if it was his son. Valero would certainly do the same.

Comment

Valero never fought at 140. I'll take Matthysse over the wife killer all day.

Comment

Originally posted by UpInThisYo View Post
              Garcia spanked Matthysse as if it was his son. Valero would certainly do the same.
              Name one fighter Valero fought who is on the same level as Garcia, Alexander, Humberto Soto, Lamont Peterson, and Judah were! And Garcia didn't spank anyone, he won a hugely competitive fight at a level Valero could only DREAM of fighting at and in a division Valero never fought in. Get real.

Comment

Working...
              X