Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford is slow compared to elite fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's stop comparing a guy who's best wins are tiny Gamboa, Postol, and Horn to two legends.

With that said, Crawford is not slow.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      This.

Spoken like someone who only watched Floyd the last few years of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Manny in his prime had blistering combinations, heck, no one other than a prime Leonard matches him tbh, and I do mean historically (Robinson and Ali of course were just as quick but at higher weights).

Crawford is a better combination puncher with a more lethal killer streak than Floyd ever was and is probably just as quick in single shots. However, his footwork is slower and he takes a few more shots, then again, that is down to him going to look for the kill, rather than simply skip his way for 12 rounds.
        did you even watch prime Mayweather? in his 3rd division after Gatti he was 34-0 with 23 ko's...Crawford in his 3rd division is 33-0 with 24 ko's not a huge difference man
        Last edited by Larry the boss; 06-10-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Saying somebody is slower than Pacquiao is hardly insulting him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            I think you must've only been watching Floyd fights from later part of his career.
            Oh, not this argument again!

Jeez!

Mayweather was never, EVER great combination puncher. He never fought a great fighter and threw successful combinations. Yes there was a time when he was a huge super feather/lightweight and fought against some mediocre to decent fighters and at times threw combinations, but he never did it against the very best.

I dont know where this retroactive myth started that he was some Leonard-esque combination puncher? It is laughable because it comes from people trying to act like they know boxing and it just makes them look really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
              This.

Spoken like someone who only watched Floyd the last few years of his career.
              It explains a lot of the dumb stuff I've seen him post tbh.

Absolutely laughable.

Comment

Crawford has great timing and accuracy. He's not as quick as Mayweather or as speedy as Pacquiao but his timing and accuracy is the closest to Mayweather I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                  to be fair, like 99% of boxers are slower than a prime Pac
                  I shall bring back to life prime Pac speed in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPDeMXiJHc

And this was before the roid accusations, lol.
                  Last edited by ELPacman; 06-10-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                    Like floyd or manny in their prime
                    That's because floyd and manny both were on the jooce

Crawford is all natural

Comment

Crawford is so overhyped. And im not 100% sold on his chin, an undersized gamboa wobbled him.

Comment

Working...
                      X