No announcement yet.

Question about clinching in boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about clinching in boxing.

Alright, I have a question for anyone here that trains/fights.

In MMA, you clinch people up to set up an attack. But, a lot of people pull their opponent in to take a breather.

In boxing, does pulling your opponent into a clich tire your arms faster? In boxing, you're using your arms a lot. Just wanted to know because I was watching some fights earlier, and when I saw the fighters clinch up they looked dead.

Originally posted by EC_Raider_07 View Post
    Alright, I have a question for anyone here that trains/fights.

In MMA, you clinch people up to set up an attack. But, a lot of people pull their opponent in to take a breather.

In boxing, does pulling your opponent into a clich tire your arms faster? In boxing, you're using your arms a lot. Just wanted to know because I was watching some fights earlier, and when I saw the fighters clinch up they looked dead.
    It depends. When your both tired, no one's really retaliating, but when your gettin beat, and hes full of energy, hes tryin to fight outta it. so it just depends.

Comment

I see. I know in MMA when you're tired to clinch up to avoid strikes and takedowns. Thanks.

Comment

Thats why boxers do it to, to give less inertia on your oppnents hits, its all about understanding the Science.

Comment

How does clinching reduce inertia? I think you may mean momentum, as in the momentum a punch gets as it accelerates a longer distance through the air. Inertia has to be the most misused word of physics. Haha, sorry, just doin' some work, so I'm all in science mode. Personally, I don't like to clinch, and love fighting guys who try to who suck at it, but I hate fighting guys who can clinch well. I also think that purposly clinching is borderline illegal in the amateurs, can anyone confirm that?

Comment

your right, i meant momentum, i get them mixed up, and i dont clinch ever, only in practice, so im not sure if it is or not.

Comment

Thanks for the help, fellas. I'm more of a boxing fan than a boxer.

Comment

Working...
              X