Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder Produced Just Over 750,000 PPV Buys; Could Reach 800,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    That's a pretty respectable turnout considering these guys were not established PPV stars going into this fight.

And at $80, nonetheless. That's 60 mil in PPVs, and the live gate is believed to be over 17 million. Quite a windfall.
    Do you know much they spent on promotion and distribution?
    You're a Libtard, so I doubt you understand how business works - you just look at final numbers and outcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
      Guilty as charged.
      Well at least you are being honest about it

Comment

Congrats to both fighters. Though it fails the over expectation, still it did very good numbers considering the first one produced only 300k not to mention the huge gate sellouts. Probably one of the best in recent ppv's...

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          Do you know much they spent on promotion and distribution?
          You're a Libtard, so I doubt you understand how business works - you just look at final numbers and outcomes.

First of all, I have no idea who you are. So I don't care what you think about me. But if you must know, financial responsibility is something I seek in a candidate (despite being liberal on social issues).

Second of all, if you are dumb enough to believe they lost money on this, that is your problem.

I don't buy for a second that the people behind this event were actually counting on 1m+ buys. That would be a foolish strategy for two guys who were not established PPV draws.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 02-27-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
            "About 1.1 million buys is believed to have been the number needed for the networks and promoters to break even on the event."
            Yikes I remember seeing this multiple times.

Expect the triology (if it happens) to have considerably less promotion.

Comment

Not 2 million, but it's a pretty good chunk of change. With the gate and every other aspects of revenue for this fight, it's definitely very successful. I did see a comment on here about someone saying that Wilder or Fury can't demand 50/50 for a fight with Joshua. Let's get one thing straight, Fury or Wilder can and should demand 50% of the split, first off Joshua has never sold PPV units in the U.S, the PPV he has sold in the U.K are at $20 bucks a pop, there's a big difference between selling 1 million units at $20 than selling 1 million units at$80. Second, don't come at me with "Joshua made 70, 80 million in his last fight", yes he made that money, but only because the Saudis payed a fee, it wasn't revenue brought in for the fight, the Saudis are paying the same amount for Pacquiao or Canelo, I've even heard GGG, whoever, this is a site fee paid by the Saudis to bring boxing to they're country, not because Joshua is the man, they are just paying that to any fighters who are willing to put on a show, it just so happens that it was Joshua and Ruiz who got the opportunity. So as much as Brits claim that Joshua is the star, he's popular in the U.K not nowhere else, as much as Joshua wants this fight to take place in the U.K, if he really wants this fight, it's going to need to take place in the U.S, Fury already said he's not heading back, Wilder is not going, and last time I checked, 15000 fans in Vegas on Saturday night produced the biggest gate in HW history, not 90000 fans in a stadium in England.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                Yikes I remember seeing this multiple times.

Expect the triology (if it happens) to have considerably less promotion.
                Yeah, less promo as well as less PPV sales.

I don't see the third fight happening though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  This just killed the Spence vs. Crawford fight! These low numbers show that it is not fiscally feasible for a co-promotion between ESPN & FOX, and add to the fact that Spence and Crawford are even less known to casuals, as are Wilder and Fury. It may have worked for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, but Spence vs. Crawford, and Wilder vs. Fury, are nowhere near the stars that May & Pac are!
                  My thoughts exactly. I kept saying before this fight, that this event HAD to be successful in order for the networks to work together again. & That a failure would be extremely damaging to the future of potential crossover fights

It's gonna be hard for Bobby and Al to convince them that they'll make money on the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    Bob Arum: Wilder vs. Fury 2 will do 2M PPV buys.
                    Reality: No, you greedy Serpent - it never had a chance.

These numbers show that Wilder was silly asking for 50/50 against AJ.
                    LOL.

Wilder's gate revenues and PPV revenues crush AJ.

Wilder's $17M gate is more than AJ's best revenue performance for 90,000 people, which was $11M for Klitschko (https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...schko-10300240 https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...boxing-records

Wilder's best fight did $64M in PPV revenues, while Joshua's best fight did $40M in PPV revenues. [URL="http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/sky-sports-confirm-mayweather-mcgregor-breaks-uk-record-for-ppv-buys/"]http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/sky-sports-confirm-mayweather-mcgregor-breaks-uk-record-for-ppv-buys/[/URL https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/heres-ho...owpiece-123717

In fact, Wilder generated about the same revenues from just U.S. PPV alone as the Joshua vs. Klitschko event generated from all sources worldwide!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthon...imir_Klitschko

Based on worldwide revenue performance, Wilder should have been asking for more than 50%.

Comment

Rest in peace PPV

Comment

Working...
                      X