Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the real question is........why the hell did tony weeks stop the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    He was clearly gassed, he was clearly trying to get a break in the action.

That doesn't mean that Andre Wards shots weren't low, or that Kovalev shouldn't have been allowed 5 minutes to recover, instead of being stopped.
    He should've got a 8 count honestly...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        It's all love bro. I had nothing to do with your ban. You're good in my book. It's all harmless banter where I'm from. Believe, or don't believe it.

Weeks stopped the fight because he's WEEK like SEVEN DAYS.
        Oh were you the guy talking about shrimp fried rich and chow mein? Lol, I believe you, no offense taken. I think I got banned because I called someone a dirty illegal in a red K message. He snitched on me which led to the exchange in my sig below.

Comment

Originally posted by meme_man View Post
          He should've got a 8 count honestly...
          For a low blow fighters are allowed 5 min to recover. The shots were clearly low. Tony Weeks was clearly in a position to see that they were low. Standing 8 counts are not available in championship fights either.

Comment

That's an easy question to answer. Anytime a fighter keeps looking towards the referee for assistance, simply doesn't have it anymore and is looking for an easy way out to quit.

Weeks understood this and subsequently called a halt to their fight. Kovalev was tired, hurt and simply lost his will to continue and fight back.

Judging by his body language, he checked out mentally in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              For a low blow fighters are allowed 5 min to recover. The shots were clearly low. Tony Weeks was clearly in a position to see that they were low. Standing 8 counts are not available in championship fights either.
              He should've taken a knee. Why give him 5 minutes when clearly he is already tired.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                that's an easy question to answer. anytime a fighter keeps looking towards the referee for assistance, simply doesn't have it anymore and is looking for an easy way out to quit.

weeks understood this and subsequently called a halt to their fight. Kovalev was tired, hurt and simply lost his will to continue and fight back.

Judging by his body language, he checked out mentally in the fight.
                kov fans dont want to admit that..

Comment

Normally I would join the consensus here and agree Kova deserved at least a count. Another part of me though says yes there were low blows, but take a damn knee. He was also dazed IMO so I personally have no issue with the stoppage. It was more than the low blows. He was physically hurt and exhausted.

Comment

Because he didnt do his job correctly. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by meme_man View Post
                      He should've taken a knee. Why give him 5 minutes when clearly he is already tired.
                      You don't withhold the 5 minutes fighters are given to recover from a low blow because he is already tired and it would allow him to recover.

That should have been on ward for throwing the low blows in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X