No announcement yet.

If Mayweather won an MMA fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
    They’re going to feed him a couple bums with no ground game, or they’ll modify the rules for his fights to eliminate the ground game. It will be a side show and I doubt he ever fights a legit guy.
    Answer the question; Too many tangents. If he goes and their and wins against a decent opponent...

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If Floyd beat Conor in the cage yea I think he hits a whole other level of popularity. Hell I think him losing in the cage, while putting forth an honest effort gets him some new respect & maybe fans. If he gets embarrassed like Toney or CM Punk then I don't think it does much for him either way.

All that said I still don't buy that we'll see this. But its looking like its more likely every week or so & I didn't think Floyd vs Manny or Floyd vs Conor I would happen so wtf do I know.
    Legacy wise, he would destroy combat sports.

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    I think it depends on who is the opponent.

The biggest name opponent for Floyd would be Conor
    I expect it to be a bum. But for people who say "Well just grab him, and its over" as if it were that easy....

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    Boxing is what? 20-25% of MMA?

Floyd just won't be able to master the other 75% no matter how good his boxing is.

The footwork, defense, ground game, kicking, knees etc...its like learning a new language.

I'm no expert, but I'd venture to say that Floyds boxing stance and style is all wrong for MMA as well...
    Thats the reason he is going to dedicate himself to LEARN the sport. If Tyron can run around the ring and get easy victories, Floyd will be razor sharp at that, and do it better than him. He would have some of the fastest kicks ever. He would have a field day with all the other things he can do offensively. But all of this is irrelevant.

I asked, what if he wins against a decent opponent...?

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    he cant win against any ufc fighter. people dont understand how ufc works, its not like boxing where you can be a bum and fight. you have to be a certain level to get into it. what the hell is floyds defence gonna do when someone grabs his legs. saying that, if a fight happens it will undred percent be rigged.
    No one is going to grab Floyd. His whole body is going to fly out of the way. His reflexes and instincts, combined with some new tools, will make him lethal.

But this is all besides the point of the thread. I asked, what if he won against a decent opponent...?

Comment

he cant win against any ufc fighter. people dont understand how ufc works, its not like boxing where you can be a bum and fight. you have to be a certain level to get into it. what the hell is floyds defence gonna do when someone grabs his legs. saying that, if a fight happens it will undred percent be rigged.
      FM cant win but so many guys win with standup, when you say CANT you are talking out your ass.

If you were to put Floyd in the cage in an equal situation, around the same age and weight and a retired former MMA top liner, with training my money would be on Floyd.

What people don't realize is how much quicker and harder punching FM would be in those tiny mitts and if other boxers can win then FM has a good chance if they match him equal.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Answer the question; Too many tangents. If he goes and their and wins against a decent opponent...

I expect it to be a bum. But for people who say "Well just grab him, and its over" as if it were that easy....

Thats the reason he is going to dedicate himself to LEARN the sport. If Tyron can run around the ring and get easy victories, Floyd will be razor sharp at that, and do it better than him. He would have some of the fastest kicks ever. He would have a field day with all the other things he can do offensively. But all of this is irrelevant.

I asked, what if he wins against a decent opponent...?

No one is going to grab Floyd. His whole body is going to fly out of the way. His reflexes and instincts, combined with some new tools, will make him lethal.

But this is all besides the point of the thread. I asked, what if he won against a decent opponent...?
        i think youre either deluded or trolling lol. theres no point answering the question, cause it wont happen. Its like me making a thread 'what happens if charles martin comes back and knocks out joshua, fury and wilder' its pointless even talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          LMFAO. No he wouldn't its one guy winning one fight. It'd have been no different if Conor beat Floyd in the ring.

Way too many boxing dudes are too f#cking extreme with their opinions. You are either the greatest fighter ever or a complete bum. No middle ground lol.

Comment

It would enhance is legacy a lot in the context of sport, however his boxing legacy is already cemented. If he went into UFC and won against a good fighter, he should go down as one of the greatest sportsmen ever.

That said, if it happens, i'd say he stands very little chance of winning. Just as we laughed at the ignorance of McGregor fans thinking he could beat Floyd in boxing, it would be exactly the same situation.

Not saying he has 0% chance of winning, it's combat sport so if he landed the first meaningful shot and effectively ended the fight then, that would be the only real chance. Apart from that, it's the same almost impossible task of expecting a guy to come from UFC and box against Floyd.

Comment

His odds aren't that bad vs someone his size or smaller and old. Against Conor who is much bigger already and younger, giving him the extra advantage of it being in the octagon, lets just say Conor is a huge ***git if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                FM cant win but so many guys win with standup, when you say CANT you are talking out your ass.

If you were to put Floyd in the cage in an equal situation, around the same age and weight and a retired former MMA top liner, with training my money would be on Floyd.

What people don't realize is how much quicker and harder punching FM would be in those tiny mitts and if other boxers can win then FM has a good chance if they match him equal.
                how am i talking out of my arse lol. they win by stand up becuase they have some sort of takedown defense and someitmes its a conscious choice for both fighters to stay on there feet. We've seen one pure boxer in the ufc cage (against someone even older than him) and the guy simply walked up to him and took him down within seconds and that was that. Its not as if floyd is even a one punch knockout artist, ufc fighters dont all just have glassjaws that as soon as they get tagged its game over lol. Even if floyd did manage to put on some sort of boxing exhibition, all they would have to do is get him to the floor once and its over. amazes me how ignorant people are on this site when it comes to the idea of boxers fighting mma fighters.

Comment

That’s actually pretty funny because that’s would be the same route the UFC went to make Mc Gregor a star, it’s not that difficult to match someone up for a certain victory due to styles, and yeah you really don’t have to be at a certain skill level to get picked up by the UFC, just win some fights and know someone or have a little following to sell some tickets

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                    That’s actually pretty funny because that’s would be the same route the UFC went to make Mc Gregor a star, it’s not that difficult to match someone up for a certain victory due to styles, and yeah you really don’t have to be at a certain skill level to get picked up by the UFC, just win some fights and know someone or have a little following to sell some tickets
                    its tnot that simple though lol. even a 'stand up' fighter in the ufc has some form of grappling skil, even if thats not how they normally fight, they would still just shoot for the takedown aginst mayweather. i get the impression people on here have never actually watched a ufc fight cause they make it sound like theres lots of fighters in ther bobbing and weaving and spending the whole fight just jabbing and moving lol these 'stand up' fighters have a lot more to there arsenal than just boxing skill. theres a reason so many of these boxers who talk about transferring to the ufc, never actually go through with it.

Comment

i think youre either deluded or trolling lol. theres no point answering the question, cause it wont happen. Its like me making a thread 'what happens if charles martin comes back and knocks out joshua, fury and wilder' its pointless even talking about it.
                      Floyd will win. It will be easy for him to win for he is a better athlete than every single person in that sport, and the only one who comes close is prime Anderson Silva. For some reason your scared of that idea. But it would not be the same as Charles Martin knocking out all of those guys.

It is not pointless to ask. You just hate the idea of it happening because you KNOW how big it would be if he pulled it off.

Comment

Working...
                      X