No announcement yet.

Boxrec shows fighters suspended indefinitely after their last fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxrec shows fighters suspended indefinitely after their last fight

According to Boxrec, Jermall Charlo has been suspended indefinitely by the California State Athletic Commission.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/471634

Does anybody know what's going on, and why this hasn't been reported anywhere?

The other twin, Jermell, was recently arrested for domestic battery. So possibly he's the one who has been suspended, and Boxrec have got the pair of them confused.

oh no how will i ever cope without being able to watch charlo fight some bum again. god i hope the suspension is revoked soon.

Comment

It's just the usual procedure. Especially when a boxer had cuts during the fight, was knocked down, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
        It's just the usual procedure. Especially when a boxer had cuts during the fight, was knocked down, etc.
        He didn't fight here. His last fight in CA was 20 months ago.

He may have got caught juicing and swept under the rug. Who knows.

Comment

I can't find anything. I figured his brother would be suspended for the DV incident.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I can't find anything. I figured his brother would be suspended for the DV incident.
            You have to login and it's more detailed. It gives you suspensions, suspension history etc;

Comment

Just googled Jermall Charlo and got nothing. And he's enrolled in WBC or it would've came out he missed a test like Adrien Broner yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                You have to login and it's more detailed. It gives you suspensions, suspension history etc;
                I don't have a boxrec account. WHat happened?

Comment

Just googled Jermall Charlo suspended and it leads me to this thread, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I don't have a boxrec account. WHat happened?
                    It just shows "suspended by California State Athletic Commission indefinitely" under his name. He's probably not the only fighter.

It's fairly common that fighters are suspended after fights though. He fought here 20 months ago so it looks slightly odd but I think it may just be as simple as he has to sign a piece of paper for clearance.

Comment

Working...
                    X