Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rate Joe Calzaghe's win over Roy Jones? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont rate it, retirement fund fight against a big name to go out on

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      roy begged for it..and got it
      Unfortunately, Joe and the rest of us got it too.. It's a weak fight to retire on.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        dont rate it, retirement fund fight against a big name to go out on
        Retirement fund, absolutely. Final fight? IMO no. I didn't even hate JMM cashing in on Morales,(although I would worry for Morales' health) although have another fight. A mismatch/farce is no way to leave your fans remembering you.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          I've seen a couple references to this fight today, and I was surprised to see that several posters actully hold this fight in somewhat of a high regard. So, how do you rate Joe Calzaghe's win over Roy Jones and why? Poll to follow, please discuss
          you're surprised? it takes less than a second to figure out if those desperate trolls are from the UK...

Comment

I was at the fight, my first time in skybox. Still had a great time.. In further defense of Joe Calzaghe, he could not have known RJJ would go onto put on a dud against Hopkins and get KTFO by Danny Green. However, when you let someone age like fine wine that is the risk you take..

You can block the fight out Mak, but this event got a 24/7.. Posters all over the subways in NYC. Looking back, Calzaghe doing his shoulder shuffle at a handcuffed frightened RJJ was kind of weak..

all i remember from the fight was cheering insanely in the 1st round...like it was 1999

then the rest of the fight, saying 'cmon roy!' every 10 seconds....'cmon roy' and 'throw something roy'

hate that fight

Comment

Retirement fund, absolutely. Final fight? IMO no. I didn't even hate JMM cashing in on Morales,(although I would worry for Morales' health) although have another fight. A mismatch/farce is no way to leave your fans remembering you.
              i didnt want him to retire, wanted him to fight Dawson. But as a final fight u want a payday, Roy brought a bigger one than Chad. If he had a mindset where he was only gonna fight one more time, Roy makes more $ense.

PS i enjoyed him clowning Jones. Entertaiment wise i liked it, legacy wise, nothing

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                all i remember from the fight was cheering insanely in the 1st round...like it was 1999

then the rest of the fight, saying 'cmon roy!' every 10 seconds....'cmon roy' and 'throw something roy'

hate that fight
                i was like this for the hopkins II fight too. there were so many occasions where prime roy could've easily decapitated both these chumps with his leaping left hook!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

hate that fight
                  I was actually so drunk, b/c I was in Skybox for the first time(drinks, food free).. I turned away at the moment of the knockdown. Then everyone was jumping and I had to be informed he was knocked down. At which point, I managed to score the majority of the remaining rounds for Roy.

Somehow being drunk I managed to turn the kd into several rounds of RJJ momentum. Only time I ever mis scored a fight.

Comment

I was at the fight, my first time in skybox. Still had a great time.. In further defense of Joe Calzaghe, he could not have known RJJ would go onto put on a dud against Hopkins and get KTFO by Danny Green. However, when you let someone age like fine wine that is the risk you take..

You can block the fight out Mak, but this event got a 24/7.. Posters all over the subways in NYC. Looking back, Calzaghe doing his shoulder shuffle at a handcuffed frightened RJJ was kind of weak..
                    roy didn it to overmatched fighters all the time tho

Comment

It was a meaningless win. A win over Dawson would have been much better. That being said, he made tons of money for the fight, so I can't blame him.

Comment

Working...
                      X