Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali vs Ezzard Charles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that Bill Miller would have taken Charles in this match up. He spoke often of Charles, rarely, if ever, about Ali.......Rockin'

Comment

- -Charles at his best would be the best p4p fighter he ever fought.

If you look at his so called prime Ali, crimony, he struggled against Mildenberger enough to have Cosell choking on his toupee!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        The upper hand for Charles was not just his experience or ring IQ, he was also very patient. He didn't push for the KO every round. He could take a fighter into deep waters, wait for his spots, study him and time him. Ali couldn't get away with his technical flaws of fighting with his hands at his sides or leaning back from punches. I can't see Charles knocking out Ali, because Ali's chin was too good, but I can see Charles doing enough to win a decision.
        I agree but Ali's height, fast legs and good hand speed would force Charles to fight as the aggressor. I think Early on Charles slipperyness is gonna give him some opportunities, but as the fight wears on Ali won't have to work as hard as Charles and hell start landing. I don't see Charles pressuring Ali much, I just see him out boxing him early on and making him look stupid. Then Ali basically abandons his pretty style and just starts trying to knock charles out.

If Charles managed to hold on to it till the final bell he would have to be in pristine condition. It's those late rounds light heavies always seem to lose it vs great heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          I agree but Ali's height, fast legs and good hand speed would force Charles to fight as the aggressor. I think Early on Charles slipperyness is gonna give him some opportunities, but as the fight wears on Ali won't have to work as hard as Charles and hell start landing. I don't see Charles pressuring Ali much, I just see him out boxing him early on and making him look stupid. Then Ali basically abandons his pretty style and just starts trying to knock charles opt.

If Charles managed to hold on to it till the final bell he would have to be in pristine condition. It's those late rounds light heavies always seem to lose it vs great heavies.
          - -Except that Ali was an Olympic lightheavy and Charles a heavy champ with a number of title defenses.

U ever think before posting?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            - -Except that Ali was an Olympic lightheavy and Charles a heavy champ with a number of title defenses.

U ever think before posting?
            how is this even a point? at the same age Charles was a middleweight. Ali was 11 lbs as a baby, Charles was 8.

Are you just in a constant state of trolling or just drunk all the time? lol

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              how is this even a point? at the same age Charles was a middleweight. Ali was 11 lbs as a baby, Charles was 8.

Are you just in a constant state of trolling or just drunk all the time? lol
              - -That weren't the point!

The point is what U polish on top of U dunce noggin to better fit U dunce cap.

Ez was a genuine heavy champ far better than the farce of Ali prime. I'm picking this Ez in 6 oz gloves over prime Ali in his soft farce of his prime with 8 ozers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                I believe that Bill Miller would have taken Charles in this match up. He spoke often of Charles, rarely, if ever, about Ali.......Rockin'
                - -That the same Bill Miller who had a couple of first class BBQ joints around my parts?

Comment

- -That the same Bill Miller who had a couple of first class BBQ joints around my parts?
                  Did he train James Toney, Lindell Holmes and others? ...........Rockin'

Comment

- -That weren't the point!

The point is what U polish on top of U dunce noggin to better fit U dunce cap.

Ez was a genuine heavy champ far better than the farce of Ali prime. I'm picking this Ez in 6 oz gloves over prime Ali in his soft farce of his prime with 8 ozers.
                    ez never wore 6 oz gloves

Comment

- -Charles at his best would be the best p4p fighter he ever fought.
                      Frazier was pretty remarkable.

Comment

Working...
                      X