Jacobs has dropped 15 of his last 16 opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Based on what?

I mean, you guys have been bashing GGG for "stopping bums" (bums being Murray, Macklin, Geale, Lemule, Ouma) and being a fake boogeyman.

But for some reason, Mall is worthy of being a boogeyman at 160 for stopping Heiland on a bum knee and that spaghetti legged latino dude I don't even remember the name of.

They don't want to fight him because he has made bad business choice and doesn't bring money or a real belt, he barely is a legacy win, I'm not denying that he's a threat.

Charlo is begging with his interim belt, he's actually fighting a GGG(the bum beater)/BJS left lover in Monroe and that is a step up for him which tells a lot of his worth at 160.

For example Jacobs did better choices.

Mall need to do his hard work like Danny (or GGG) did. Danny is actually in a good place (so is GGG despite a loss if you check his bank account).
    Your wasting your time. Your coming at this with the wrong attitude. Your looking at this as a fan of boxing first and foremost. The guys your are critiquing have zero concept of what that means. They are haters and hopeless fanboys. When numerous people on the forum suggested that Charlo had to fight more often against credible challengers they were shouted down by these idiots. Now its coming back to bite Charlo in the ass and they are crying foul. Interestingly enough the WBC pulled a fast one on Charlo by ordering him to face Golovkin in order to keep his place as a mandatory and his so called fans support the WBC. Why, because he may beat Golovkin. That's all that's important to them. Never mind that there is a strong likelihood Charlo would lose and lose millions of dollars in potential earnings. Their silence says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      You've just proven my point. Charlo has got nothing that either fighter wants.

He is just your typical high risk low reward fighter who brings no new meat to the seats, money, belts and is also without a fanbase or a loyal following. Moreover, he is not a box office or pay per view draw.

I am not saying they are afraid of him. It's just that they have much bigger fish to fry than an unknown and unproven Jermall Charlo at this point of their careers.

Why would either of them want to fight Jermall Charlo when they can can challenge someone for much more money and a belt? It's not personal. It's just business.
      100% agree here.

But that's Mall fault, he has to build himself.

Weither you think he beat bums or evolved in a weak division, GGG did his hard work of 19 effing defenses against no so sexy guys. It it was easy, most would do it.

Jacobs took notes and is building is name, he's not beating great oppo either but he's active and fighting good dudes.

He was close to only fighting Centeno in 2018 wich tells a lot about his management.

I believe Jacobs wants to fight him, I believe Andrade/Derev would want that work later in 2019...

He wants a crack at the king payday GGG/Nelo without the top contenders road, it doesn't work like that...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Your wasting your time. Your coming at this with the wrong attitude. Your looking at this as a fan of boxing first and foremost. The guys your are critiquing have zero concept of what that means. They are haters and hopeless fanboys. When numerous people on the forum suggested that Charlo had to fight more often against credible challengers they were shouted down by these idiots. Now its coming back to bite Charlo in the ass and they are crying foul. Interestingly enough the WBC pulled a fast one on Charlo by ordering him to face Golovkin in order to keep his place as a mandatory and his so called fans support the WBC. Why, because he may beat Golovkin. That's all that's important to them. Never mind that there is a strong likelihood Charlo would lose and lose millions of dollars in potential earnings. Their silence says it all.
        Yeah but I still have to school them.

I'm trading facts but they argue like jealous girlfriends full of hypocrisy.

One guy here compared GGG's mando place to face Charlo as Wade mando's place to face GGG.

They don't understand that in both case, GGG is in the driver seat.
        GGG was the MW champ of the world, Charlo is just an interim belt holder to 160, nothing more, despite all the talent I think he has.

They want GGG to lose and gain nothing.

So Charlo makes sense for them since he is high risk/low reward, if GGG loses then they happy, if GGG beats him GGG gain very little from it "154 pounder doe".

I rather see GGG fight BJS for no belt than Charlo for an interim belt, BJS brings more to GGg's legacy.

Comment

Jacobs has the following Ring MW Top 10 wins:

2015 - Quillin - #2
          2016 - GGG - #1*
          2018 - Sulecki - #9 JMW
          2018 - Derv - #4

Comment

Jacobs is a very good fighter.

I always said if his chin holds up he'll give GGG a run for his money.

Jacobs vs Canelo would be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Jacobs is a very good fighter.

I always said if his chin holds up he'll give GGG a run for his money.

Jacobs vs Canelo would be very interesting.
              Yeah, I remember we had a convo about it before the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Since beating cancer. Truax, Derv, Arias and Sulecki all having never been down before...

All though he didn't drop Quillin, he KO'd him in 90 seconds

Dropped Mora roughly 7-9 times; lost count

Give this man some damn respect and act like you know
                The guy is the best 160 lbs fighter. I would love to see him fighting Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                  The guy is the best 160 lbs fighter. I would love to see him fighting Canelo.
                  Agreed, personally, I think he should be in P4P talks... I think there should at least be a conversation about it

Comment

Working...
                  X