Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Andre Ward retired today, should he get inducted into the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by betmen View Post
    Sure if overated hamed is considered for HOF, so does Andre ward i guess. The standard is too low
    lol what kind of comparison is that?

Comment

No I don't think so though I hate these threads as they always turn into ''well this fighter got in, but Sylvester Stallone got in'' etc
      In that case you may as well just **** it off or put every boxer in.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        lol what kind of comparison is that?
        IDK stupid comparison maybe, But i consider Hamed is the opposite of Ward
        Hamed got electricity and made smaller divison sparks for the viewer but his resume is weak and Ward had pretty great resume but made SMW division kinda dead and doesn't have the gut to conquer another division or even fight regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          No I don't think so though I hate these threads as they always turn into ''well this fighter got in, but Sylvester Stallone got in'' etc
          In that case you may as well just **** it off or put every boxer in.
          I think people know what standards they hold the HOF to themselves. It's hard to say Ward doesn't deserve it when Gatti is in for example. or mcguigan.

Comment

I don't see why that is?

Froch has 12 world titles fights/defences, is a 4 time world champion and has a better resume than Ward in my opinion.

Ward has 7 world title fights.

Let's look at it this way though: There's one world, and we know who the world champion is and it's not Froch. Ward has had three fights for THE title and Froch has had one. Froch is 0-1 and Ward is 3-0 in those fights. A world title is a great thing but how can Froch be having world title fights when we already have established who the champ is and he didn't beat him. That's the way I look at that.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              if you think no then neither should froch

i think yes
              Froch has a better resume than Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                IDK stupid comparison maybe, But i consider Hamed is the opposite of Ward
                Hamed got electricity and made smaller divison sparks for the viewer but his resume is weak and Ward had pretty great resume but made SMW division kinda dead and doesn't have the gut to conquer another division or even fight regularly.
                I think it's a weird myth that Hamed has a weak resume. Robinson, Johnson, Kelley, Medina, Vasquez, McCullough etc were all champions and/or top top contenders (as in top 5 or top 3) when they fought Naz.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                  Let's look at it this way though: There's one world, and we know who the world champion is and it's not Froch. Ward has had three fights for THE title and Froch has had one. Froch is 0-1 and Ward is 3-0 in those fights. A world title is a great thing but how can Froch be having world title fights when we already have established who the champ is and he didn't beat him. That's the way I look at that.
                  That doesn't mean much to me. It's who you beat that gets you recognition.

Ward might have fought for THE title 3 times against Froch, Dawson and Rodriguez.

Does that make the wins better? Does that eclipse the likes of Dirrell, Pascal, Bute, Kessler, Taylor, Groves etc? It doesn't to me no matter what title they fought for.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    if you think no then neither should froch

i think yes
                    Froch resume > Ward resume.

Comment

I don't see why that is?

Froch has 12 world titles fights/defences, is a 4 time world champion and has a better resume than Ward in my opinion.

Ward has 7 world title fights.

lol

you guys are ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X