Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tito Ortiz to be inducted into UFC HOF...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    what video?

and fighters are making more money because of Ultimate Figther, not Tito.

Fighters don't know what other fighters are making so it doesn't really matter what Tito was making, it wouldn't effect other salaries. Tito could make 1 million and UFC could still pay 10k to another main event fighter.
    The video at the top of the thread, in the first post.

I understand you didn't start watching MMA until TUF but it was pretty publicized what was going on, it was kind of a big deal, also, everyone knew what Tito was making....

Comment

Good for Tito. He should have already been inducted.

On a side note, I hope he beats Griffin's ass into retirement as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        The video at the top of the thread, in the first post.

I understand you didn't start watching MMA until TUF but it was pretty publicized what was going on, it was kind of a big deal, also, everyone knew what Tito was making....
        lol. good one.

I was never into TUF. I was mostly watching PRIDE at that time. And I didn't really follow UFC on the internet.

do you have any articles supporting those salary battles?

I still think TUF is the reason UFC fighters are making more money.

oh and the video in the first post doesn't show up for me for some reason.

Comment

http://youtu.be/W5o4VcRlHrg

I'll look around for articles. It's hard to find **** from 8-9 years ago man, I'll look tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            http://youtu.be/W5o4VcRlHrg

I'll look around for articles. It's hard to find **** from 8-9 years ago man, I'll look tomorrow...
            well Dana mentioned the public feuds around the time of the Liddell-Ortiz fights but I already knew about that. Dana didn't say anything specific about the salary stuff.

what I know about that is that Tito always asked for way more than he deserved even though UFC use to pay him above and beyond his contract, and that when Tito fought them, UFC didn't really give him anything extra but before that they were voluntarily giving him money that wasn't agreed to in his contract. Just as they do with a lot of their other top fighters.

Comment

tito was always so protected, when he lost to chuck they scheduled the whole shamrock vs tito 2 farce to give him back some hype, he was even scheduled to fight the corpse of guy mezger once
              when the ufc matched him tough he lost like 5 in a row

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                tito was always so protected, when he lost to chuck they scheduled the whole shamrock vs tito 2 farce to give him back some hype, he was even scheduled to fight the corpse of guy mezger once
                when the ufc matched him tough he lost like 5 in a row
                Hate on hater already bought my Tito walk out and ready for my fav ufc fighter of alltime to be immortalized,sadly for most of the mma world they never experienced a prime Tito a guy who fought and beat a lot of great fighters sure he lost some but do people hold that against guys like couture.

Comment

UFC hall of fame?

Comment

Working...
                  X