Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shannon Briggs vs. Fres Oquendo For WBA 'Regular' on June 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Dan Rafael will cover this one lmao.

Comment

Briggs has a chance to join Ali as three time heavyweight champion.

I will be on press row covering this fight for sure.

I just hope Briggs retires as champion rather than suffering a beatdown in a unification with Joshua.

Comment

I thought the WBA was just talking about how they were trying to eliminate all the "Interim" "regular" "super" champions and just have one. yeah right. that will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
          I thought the WBA was just talking about how they were trying to eliminate all the "Interim" "regular" "super" champions and just have one. yeah right. that will never happen.
          oquendo is owed a title shot from a federal judge. wba has no choice here.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
            Briggs has a chance to join Ali as three time heavyweight champion.

I will be on press row covering this fight for sure.

I just hope Briggs retires as champion rather than suffering a beatdown in a unification with Joshua.
            I have a feeling there might only be one row of people there anyway.

Comment

What a pathetic excuse for a world title fight. Two very old, many years past prime guys fighting for the heavyweight championship of the world. There are many better heavyweights fighting now. It looks like "Let's Go Champ" Briggs probably soon will be a world champ of sorts.

Comment

The regular title is not a world title. Stop with this BS already. The winner of Joshua/Klitschko is the WBA champion...

Comment

Logged in just to say what an absolute farce of a fight this is. A new low (in terms of sanctioning ****e fights) for the WBA, and that's saying a lot!

Is either guy ranked in the top 50 by any impartial judge? I'd be interested to see where TBRB have them both ranked, if at all. In fact I'm going to go and have a look right now!

Having said that, good luck to both guys. Briggs is very entertaining & likeable and Oquendo been robbed a fair few times. Whoever wins it's another good payday or 2 for them.

Comment

Oquendo is the most jobbed boxer that I have ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                      This shouldnt even be a thing.

The WBA and theyre hard on for sanctioning fees is why this is happening. They should have just ****ed this off, and said that the winner is mando for the WBA-Super winner of klit -AJ.
                      Hahah yeah we were just talking about this.

Now whoever wins this, will be a "mandatory" for the Klit/AJ winner and a huge waste of time.

Hopefully, just for entertainment purposes, Briggs does win it. I suppose it'd be funny enough watching the buildup for a fight with Briggs' antics.

Comment

Working...
                      X