Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans, explain mcgregors early success?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
    Yes, he was not doing anything because of mcgregors style and countering. He was abit shocked...

I love boxing, but that made boxing look horrible and overrated.

It made boxing look as if it didn't have the best athletes in the world..which it doesn't.
    I don't think you love boxing.

You asked me to explain Mcgregor's early "success" and I did.

Floyd intentionally walked straight ahead with no movement whatsoever for the entire fight which made Mcgregor look better.

Floyd fought different this fight on purpose to make it entertaining and because he wasn't worried about anything that Mcgregor could do.

I explained it and backed it up with facts like Floyd betting on himself and statistics like the punch stats, in addition to the fact that Floyd was smiling and laughing at Mcgregor's best shots and was never in trouble in the entire fight.

If you still don't get it, that's a personal problem.

Comment

The sweet science looked overrated. Foyd turning his back, conner landing more shots than any other fighter.

The ecuses are mind boggling, Floyd had to let an MMA fighter gas, to score the KO.
      No he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        its not how a fight starts its how it ends, dont know why people are so obsessed with what happened in the first couple of rounds. its clear floyd had a game plan to get him out of there and the game plan worked.
        The game plan did not consist of floyds opponent landing more than anyone else on floyd, EVER.

This was not the game plan LOL WTF?

Comment

Most experts didn't think Mcgregor would land a single punch...

He did more than exceed expectations
          You're continually proving my point.

If Mayweather fought defensively and let Mcgregor gas without getting hit, all the casuals would've said
          "HE JUST RAN, THIS IS BORING, I FEEL ROBBED."

Instead he completely changed his style, carried Mcgregor to avoid that, and it worked.

Bet on himself, walked forward with no fear, broke Mcnugget down, beat his ass, made him quit.

Comment

The game plan did not consist of floyds opponent landing more than anyone else on floyd, EVER.

This was not the game plan LOL WTF?
            Was definitely the gameplan to walk straight forward and make it entertaining.

I know this because before the fight Floyd literally said:

"I'm going to go straight forward, fight toe to toe, and give the fans what they want to see."

Comment

He KO'd Conor, looked good afterwards.

Conor was much bigger, younger and stronger. Floyd tried new stuff in there too. Walking him down. That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by jay543 View Post
                I don't think you love boxing.

You asked me to explain Mcgregor's early "success" and I did.

Floyd intentionally walked straight ahead with no movement whatsoever for the entire fight which made Mcgregor look better.

Floyd fought different this fight on purpose to make it entertaining and because he wasn't worried about anything that Mcgregor could do.

I explained it and backed it up with facts like Floyd betting on himself and statistics like the punch stats, in addition to the fact that Floyd was smiling and laughing at Mcgregor's best shots and was never in trouble in the entire fight.

If you still don't get it, that's a personal problem.

But your reasoning is flawed. You use Floyds lack of output as a means to justify him throwing the fight in the early rounds. That's just a logical fallacy.

It looked more like Foyd had to wait until Mcgregor tires, in order to put on offense. Due to mcgregors countering and length.

Your reasoning consists of taking away all possible credit given to mcgregor, and creating a RIDICULOUS narrative to justify floyds ****ty early performance.

Mcgregor is better than 85 percent of pro boxers..DEAL WITH IT

Comment

But your reasoning is flawed. You use Floyds lack of output as a means to justify him throwing the fight in the early rounds. That's just a logical fallacy.

It looked more like Foyd had to wait until Mcgregor tires, in order to put on offense. Due to mcgregors countering and length.

Your reasoning consists of taking away all possible credit given to mcgregor, and creating a RIDICULOUS narrative to justify floyds ****ty early performance.

Mcgregor is better than 85 percent of pro boxers..DEAL WITH IT
                  Name one Jr Middleweight - Middleweight that Mcnugget beats after how he performed vs Mayweather.

Floyd PLANNED to tire out Mcgregor from the very beginning and told you the plan before the fight. He even bet on himself to win in 9.5, which he did right on time.

You're vastly overrating Mcnugget in an attempt to disparage boxing.

Mcnugget's a pillow puncher with no defense who gasses extremely early.

The guy got knocked out by a 40 year old 150lb defensive fighter who walked him down, beat his ass, and made him quit.

And you say you love boxing? "peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    lolololol sure buddy.
                    Floyd threw like 10 punches in the first 2 rounds.

He bet on himself to win by KO in 9 1/2 rounds.

He wins by KO in 9 1/2 rounds.

The obvious conclusion is that Floyd was avoiding inflicting any early damage to conor so that he would be able to make it 9 1/2 rounds.

The fact that Floyd laid down money on exactly when he was going to stop Conor, and did so says everything you need to know about the level of control he had in the fight.

Comment

Conors early success is now being overrated. He landed a bunch of arm punches that were partially blocked. His most significant shot was a half landed uppercut that grazed floyd. Also floyd walked to conor and made him blow his load before he attacked him.

He fought reckless and over aggressive and still was never in any real danger, he could have easily just did a maidana 2 on him with but would get ridiculed. he literally told everyone hes going to come straight to conor and take contact , conor still couldnt do **** but get walked down and beat up by the smaller man.

Comment

Working...
                      X