Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonnyboy's Lennox Lewis appreciation thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    pff thats not true, foreman was damaged goods after he lost to Ali. He came forward with his hands down. Who did foreman fight in the 90's that could hit like Lyle?
    foreman was also damaged goods with J.Young right?please the foreman excuse train never stops..he was better in the early 90's...this is confirnmed by former trainers and foreman himself as long with someone like me who actually thinks about the fighter not the lable...was he the best then/He lost and shouldn't have even been a champion b/c Morrison beat him after he beat weak chinny moorer in a lucky fight..I like Foreman but the excuse train with me comes to a crashing end immediately after ali. Morrison/stewart and guys like Moorer who was poummeling him all hit harder than lyle...foreman didn't even fight the hardest hitters along with the most skilled he was to afraid he fought guys like Shultz instead..."AND LOST" that one too...

Comment

Lewis didn't really see it coming and underestimated it when he did. Was out of position on the ropes and it caught him square on his jaw. Not to mention, I don't think his conditioning was too hot that fight.

Comment

I wish the HW division today had contenders like him. He'd get rid of a lot of pretenders.

That isn't to say he was anything more than a solid contender. And I think the second Tyson fight might've ruined him.

Comment

Great fighter who's career misfortune was to be the last opponent of still prime Mike Tyson, twice.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            foreman was also damaged goods with J.Young right?please the foreman excuse train never stops..he was better in the early 90's...this is confirnmed by former trainers and foreman himself as long with someone like me who actually thinks about the fighter not the lable...was he the best then/He lost and shouldn't have even been a champion b/c Morrison beat him after he beat weak chinny moorer in a lucky fight..I like Foreman but the excuse train with me comes to a crashing end immediately after ali. Morrison/stewart and guys like Moorer who was poummeling him all hit harder than lyle...foreman didn't even fight the hardest hitters along with the most skilled he was to afraid he fought guys like Shultz instead..."AND LOST" that one too...
            yeah he was damaged good vs young..lol. He was a shell.

Obviously he was a smarter fighter in the 90's, but he was a hell of a lot more dangerous in his youth. In the 90's he was slow and threw short arm punches to compensate.

He changed his entire style in his comeback and was all religious.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              yeah he was damaged good vs young..lol. He was a shell.

Obviously he was a smarter fighter in the 90's, but he was a hell of a lot more dangerous in his youth. In the 90's he was slow and threw short arm punches to compensate.

He changed his entire style in his comeback and was all religious.
              Foreman retired after young,and theres a reason for it...he ran out of excuses as to his poor performances and realized he was a very limited boxer,limited stamina,limited skills and limited chin.he was nothing of those lack of qualities in the 90's..if he had rematched ali who knows?But he didn't.No one but the average fans think he is more dangerous in his youth,the more effective fighter is going to be the more dangerous one,and the select majority knows which foreman was the more effective one,its not even close.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-11-2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I think he would do as well as he did in the 70s..

He probably gets into wars with bowe, holyfield, mercer. Gets iced by lennox and probably scores wins over guys like bruno, Morrison, etc...

He would lose some, win some, and give us some entertaining fights and be a legit ranked contender just like he was in the 70s

Comment

Yeah he would ko a lot of guys with that shot, especially considering lennox wasn't giving him any respect... If your nonchalant with your opponent and he cracks you like Rahman did, it can put any person out.... Except Oliver McCall

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2
                    Hasim Rahman poleaxed Heavyweight Champion Lennox Lewis in 2001.. Rahman never Knocked Out any other Top 25 rated boxer other than Corrie Sanders, during his entire career.. Would his punch which poleaxed Lewis have knocked Out other great Heavyweight Champions like:

Muhammad Ali
                    George Foreman
                    Mike Tyson
                    Evander Holyfield
                    Joe Frazier
                    Rocky Marciano
                    it was a good shot that surprised Lewis very tough question to answer all the guys you have listed had either great conditioning and or a good chin

Comment

It's a punch that Lewis should have taken - probably not much different to many other big punches Lewis took during his career.

I mean, if you approach a fight unprofessionally and don't take your opponent seriously just about any firmly thrown punch stands a chance of putting you down. Especially at heavyweight.

Rahman was a pretty heavy hitter. But as punches go it probably wasn't anything special.

The McCall punch was probably a lot harder.

Comment

Working...
                      X