Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Virgil Hunter love Dre like a father its evident. I completely agree with Hunter : Andre Ward has been a victim of unprofessional journalism pandering to these ignorant, jealous and insecure casual fans. Sergay Kovalev has only shown unsportsmanlike conduct whilst Andre Ward has taken all the criticism despite claiming victory in a classic heroic career defining performance that merits high praise, not this.

Boxing needs Andre Ward.

there it is !

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Then do us a favor and retire!
      Really go away already. Like when you took 2 years off pulling DiVa demands with your promoter nobody cared and hardly anyone notice. Good ritance. Mr. Gift decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Seriously that was one long cry session

let's be honest here.....

you clowns are STILL crying about the " lil'G " thing

not sure you Golovkin fans should get involved in a discussion about crying haahhha

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          He says 14 pounds? What did he mean by that?

He said he couldn't make 168 anymore, and he has trouble making 175. How was he forced to go up in weight?

I remember HBO got Dawson to go down to 168 to fight Ward, and how badly weight-drained he was since he hadn't fought at that weight in years.

Ward made 5 mil to fight the man Kovalev whose world title were stolen. Kov received only 2 mil.

Ward got a job with HBO, even though he's boring as they come.

He was gifted a robbery win in the Olympics.

Ward had home advantage for ALL his Super Six fight, which enabled him to use illegal tactics such as head butts, arm-clamps, etc.

He's been treated like a king, despite being such a boring feather-fisted boxer. What does he want?

Ward has the biggest ego and the worst feeling of entitlement in all sports.

wow, you went WAAAAAY back

sure you didn't leave anything out ?

after that marathon, least you didn't accuse Ward of crying

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            I know divas are usually delusional, but this is a whole new level. I guess we know where Ward gets it from now. Virgil never stops to think that if things were set up in Kovalev's favor, why did Ward get the ultimate favor and receive the decision in a fight Ward himself said could have gone either way? If it could have gone either way, and the fix was in for Kovalev, then why didn't it go Kovalev's way?

And now they're saying 175 is a weight class Ward doesn't belong in? Seriously? If he doesn't belong there how come Virgil was saying just six months ago that Ward was, and I muthafllcking quote, a "scaled down light heavyweight" even when he fought at super middleweight, and why did Ward say it was a struggle just to make 175 now? These scared fllcking divas.

KOVALEV GOT THEM SHOOK. Period. I wasn't sure before, thought maybe they were just playing scared to promote the rematch more, but now it's clear, Kovalev got them shook for real. That tells you who they know really won the fight and kicked Ward's ass.

Comment

I remember Floyd crying at press conferences. Boxers are only human, but because they are engage in such a savage sport their emotional state is undermined - disgraceful. I feel bad for Dre.

Comment

“Here’s an enthusiastic kid, he used to sing the HBO tunes,” Hunter said. Instead Ward was forced out of his weight class, “So the other guy [Kovalev] can make his name off of your Olympic gold medalist."

“He has options after boxing. He just got over in England on the broadcast team. Love him, treat him well. Here with broadcasting he’s told that ‘you’re an active fighter. You can’t broadcast.’ But I see B-Hop. I see Roy. So what does that say?”

Virgil Hunter slayed these haters!
                How so with *****en whining and crying about any credit from media and fans when anybody who knows boxing can see Ward got a gift decision. Protection from the ref and not enough work rate to take the belt from the champion Kovelev. Wow slaying what if that was such a clear decision win for Ward, Hunter wouldn't have to beg for props. Earn it than no disputing the out come when you win .

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  let's be honest here.....

not sure you Golovkin fans should get involved in a discussion about crying haahhha
                  I'm not appreciated doe so I am going to retire

Comment

that nick-name will last forever

fk that squeaky win over Kovalev..... giving Golovkin that nick, is Wards best achievement since winning the super-6

Comment

yes retiring will make everyone treat him better and all of a sudden the kovalev fight wont be a robbery. everyone will just let it go. very realistic team over there. the give me everything even though i dont deserve it team

Comment

Working...
                      X