Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you guys work strength? (Pushups, Situps, etc.)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you guys work strength? (Pushups, Situps, etc.)

I was just wondering how often others work their muscle strength out.

Whether it's weights, pushups, situps, however..

How often do you do these exercises aside from actual "boxing training."

Every other day for me.

One day all cardio, next day cardio and light weight lifting (upper body), next day cardio, next cardio and light weight lifting(lower body) rinse and repeat.

On my cardio days I do lots of different workouts.

*I do this after my regular boxing training along with my supplements*
    Last edited by -Huey-; 12-16-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

i do pushups everyday through out the day, usually 30 every 15-30 minutes(when i have the privacy, sometimes i'll run to the bathroom outta nowhere to do some pushups), clap pushups, one armed pushups, alternating one-arm pushups(jump from one hand to the other)
      atleast 3 times a weak shadowboxing with weights, squats, plyometric high jumps, plyometric high jumps on one leg
      atleast once a week: hopping on one leg until just about failure(usually takes about 4-5 minutes) your calves will feel like they are going to explode

think that's it for the explosive/power training
      outside of boxing club activities(situps, more pushups, heavybag etc)
      and i spar atleast twice a week for about 30 minutes(sometimes more), no breaks ever

this reminds me that i haven't done pullups in awhile
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-16-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

every other day, 25 x 5 push ups and core training aka crunches or russian twists

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
          i do pushups everyday through out the day, usually 30 every 15-30 minutes(when i have the privacy, sometimes i'll run to the bathroom outta nowhere to do some pushups), clap pushups, one armed pushups, alternating one-arm pushups(jump from one hand to the other)
          atleast 3 times a weak shadowboxing with weights, squats, plyometric high jumps, plyometric high jumps on one leg
          atleast once a week: hopping on one leg until just about failure(usually takes about 4-5 minutes) your calves will feel like they are going to explode

think that's it for the explosive/power training
          outside of boxing club activities(situps, more pushups, heavybag etc)
          and i spar atleast twice a week for about 30 minutes(sometimes more), no breaks ever

this reminds me that i haven't done pullups in awhile
          Might be a silly question but what about hygiene? You're doing push ups every 15-30 mins how are you dealing with the sweat throughout the day?

Comment

I do pushups every day, I don't think that bodyweight excercises are a problem when it comes to adding too much bulk.

there's only a certain amount of muscle you can put on without free weights.

The people i'm going against over here are usually short but stocky pacific islanders so having upper body strength is a definate requirement as it'll always end up in close at some stage

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              I do pushups every day, I don't think that bodyweight excercises are a problem when it comes to adding too much bulk.

there's only a certain amount of muscle you can put on without free weights.

The people i'm going against over here are usually short but stocky pacific islanders so having upper body strength is a definate requirement as it'll always end up in close at some stage
              The funny thing for me is, although I started boxing, at my gym.. I'm the only filipino kid. I feel like I need strength to cope with everyone else.. the mexican kids, or the tall white kids.

Comment

3x a week i do 100 heres my method

standing up i drop to the push up position and do 1 then stand back up

then i drop back down and do 2 then stand back up

then 3

then 4

and so on all the way up to 10

then back down to 1, pretty hard but results come in weeks

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                  3x a week i do 100 heres my method

standing up i drop to the push up position and do 1 then stand back up...

When you say that you drop to the pushup position, do you mean drop directly from standing? Like in the Batman movie?

Comment

Weight 4 times a week

Comment

Working...
                    X