Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon top fighters need to sign with promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know why they keep bringing up Mayweather into this when he has a unique case. The controversial things he did worked for him whether intentionally or not. He ducked the Hoya rematch, retired young to duck prime fighters in his division, fought once a year, accused his rival of cheating when he's found to be the Lance Armstrong of boxing, etc. People went in droves to see him lose. Bottom line is, there will never be another case like that ever.

In any case, it's the fighter who is mainly responsible for promoting himself majority of the time whether in and out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      It can be repeated if someone steps up and promotes Wilder in the correct way. The pieces are in place to make Wilder V Joshua massive. Joshua/Klistscko will do 1 million PPV in the UK. The right US promotion of Wilder makes the fight bigger than Golovkin/Canelo. 2 million +
      I was thinking about writing a thread about Hearn not actively promoting Joshua in the U.S. I don't think Hearn wants Joshua to become a big star in the U.S. Hearn enjoys him being a big fish in a small pond. He sells well and he sells PPV's well. But those $1000 seats and $20 PPV's would be $2500 seats in Vegas for a heavyweight and $70 PPV's in America. Hearn is not even trying to establish Joshua in America and it's starting to piss me off. Joshua has all the tools go become a superstar in America. He needs to call TMZ and tell them Joshua is dating Rhianna or Kim K is rumored to be cheating on Kanye with Joshua. Instant celebrity in the states

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Don't know why they keep bringing up Mayweather into this when he has a unique case.
        Signing with a promoter on a fight by fight contract is literally the Mayweather blueprint. Most of the PBC fighters are doint that so it isn't a unique case now.

Comment

Where is OnePunch What do you think about this?
          Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 12-11-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Well they need a PR firms or something. They need somebody advocating for them and PBC just isn't doing it. So after last night he called out Canelo. That'll be forgotten in a week. No promoter to send out press releases to the media keeping the word out there.

If I were his promoter I would put out an all out media blitz.

"We want the Canelo fight. That's the only fight we want right now. They're the top two 154lbers. He picked a nobody and fought him in Texas. Jermall is from Texas and wants to put on the fight for the fans in Texas. We can meet him at 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, or 160. Weight isn't an issue for us and we won't turn down $10 mil or even a quarter of that to make the fight happen"
            I understand what you're saying 100% but I just think the landscape of boxing is just CHANGING! That old format don't work anymore as far as turning Pro then running to sign with a Big Name Promoter. Even if you sign with a big name promoter it is no guarantee they can make you a Bigger Star anyway. I respect Arum, he is still the best at creating Stars IMO but not even Arum can make everybody a Superstar. Regardless if you sign with a Promoter, the fighters have to do their Part selling themselves also

Comment

I was thinking about writing a thread about Hearn not actively promoting Joshua in the U.S. I don't think Hearn wants Joshua to become a big star in the U.S. Hearn enjoys him being a big fish in a small pond. He sells well and he sells PPV's well. But those $1000 seats and $20 PPV's would be $2500 seats in Vegas for a heavyweight and $70 PPV's in America. Hearn is not even trying to establish Joshua in America and it's starting to piss me off. Joshua has all the tools go become a superstar in America. He needs to call TMZ and tell them Joshua is dating Rhianna or Kim K is rumored to be cheating on Kanye with Joshua. Instant celebrity in the states
              What do you mean, he sorted out the Showcase deal, the goal is to make the Wilder/Joshua fight eventually, but not not now. Joshua makes more money against Klitschko/Haye/Fury/Chisora/Whyte rematch at the moment, British public will lap up any of those fights. At the moment Joshua/Wilder is best placed at the MEN Arena 800k PPV, Wilder needs to be promoted better to make the fight what it deserves to be

Comment

What do you mean, he sorted out the Showcase deal, the goal is to make the Wilder/Joshua fight eventually, but not not now. Joshua makes more money against Klitschko/Haye/Fury/Chisora/Whyte rematch at the moment, British public will lap up any of those fights. At the moment Joshua/Wilder is best placed at the MEN Arena 800k PPV, Wilder needs to be promoted better to make the fight what it deserves to be
                That's what I'm talking about. He took the Showtime money and ran. He hasn't tried to sell Joshua here at all. He has no presence in America. Wilder does need to be promoted better and that's what this thread is about. But Joshua upside in America is huge. A big, strong, handsome, black boxer with a British accent. Women here go crazy over Idris Elba. Imagine how they would react to Joshua.

Comment

That's what I'm talking about. He took the Showtime money and ran. He hasn't tried to sell Joshua here at all. He has no presence in America. Wilder does need to be promoted better and that's what this thread is about. But Joshua upside in America is huge. A big, strong, handsome, black boxer with a British accent. Women here go crazy over Idris Elba. Imagine how they would react to Joshua.
                  I just dont think america cares about boxing anymore, UK is buzzing. Every post about how bad boxing is doing can be contradicted by how some places are doing so well, Americans are scared that the powers slowly leaving them. "We need to stop foreigners in the premier league" one old dude said, ****ing cash money though. YOU americans just need to stop thinking its youre sport

Comment

I just dont think america cares about boxing anymore, UK is buzzing. Every post about how bad boxing is doing can be contradicted by how some places are doing so well, Americans are scared that the powers slowly leaving them. "We need to stop foreigners in the premier league" one old dude said, ****ing cash money though. YOU americans just need to stop thinking its youre sport
                    I'm not worried about losing the power in the sport. But boxing not being big in the states isn't good for the sport. A heavyweight superstar is great for the sport and I think Joshua can be that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Boxing wives~ on whatever station because I guarantee that show would be nuts.

A contender like show on FS1

A PBC news sort of show monthly or bi-weekly probably on FS1 can do it after the Tuesday fights.

Yea they need to start making other programming to really get their guys out there, because that will actually allow for guys to promote themselves better.
                      Oh **** Boxing wives would be nuts lol. Thats a genius idea maybe.

Podcasts would be a cheap way to get boxers out there more & out there to a younger audience potentially too. The boxers doing a boxing podcast angle is seriously undeveloped & out there for the taking. I think like 5 or so guys, all retired except Paulie, are doing boxing podcasts currently. Meanwhile 15% of the UFC gots a podcast out there I think at this point. How Adrien Broner doesn't have a podcast is beyond me. TMT should have a podcast. And PBC in general should have a podcast out there to promote all these shows that seemingly pop up randomly on random channels.

Comment

Working...
                      X