No announcement yet.

How can anyone not like "Bones"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    If you only like fighters for what they do inside the ring, that's cool. I can respect that, but I'm not like that. I respect Jon's ability and realize there probably isn't a LHW that can beat him right now, but I won't be rooting for him anytime soon....
    And that's cool, that is the reason i like sites like this because every so often i can have an intelligent discussion about the fight game with mutual respect. And like i said before i pay to watch a fight and i don't root for anyone, i just hope to see a good fight and may the BEST man win

Comment

lol @ ppl saying its cuz he's black

what a bunch of tards

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        Not really attacking you so much. But it does seem pretty pretentious to try and buy a bottle for a celebrity who's just enjoying himself in a club. Like you're trying to buy favor with them, despite the fact that Wand. probably has plenty of money. Like you're trying to behold him to some strangers who he knows nothing about.
        I'm sorry i did not see this reply, i understand what you are saying but it is nightclub protocol in Vegas to buy some one a drink or a bottle as a sign of respect or friendship.
        And normally the gesture is accepted with only a nod or some other signal but there is no intrusion of someones personal circle, time or space

Comment

Really? I've only heard of good encounters with Vanderlei. How they told him he had to leave the signing because they where out of time so he went outside and signed everyone who was still waiting's stuff for them. He's pretty much noted as one of the nicest guys in MMA from fans. Always ready to take a pic. He'll even do the famous stare down if you ask. The only guys who where ever a prick to me where Ken Shamrock, Chuck Liddell, and Wes Sims. But it Wes' defense, he had just had the **** kicked out of him by Frank Mir.
          Shamrock I could see because of his ego, but Liddell? This is the first negative fan encounter I've heard about him. So what happened with you and The Iceman?
          Last edited by Anthony342; 11-10-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Shamrock I could see because of his ego, but Liddell? This is the first negative fan encounter I've heard about him. So what happened with you and The Iceman?
            I was doing interviews after UFC 46. I ran into him at Mandalay Bay, asked him for an Interview, he said he was busy, I was like cool. Ran into him again later at the afterparty at the Hard Rock. Asked for a picture he said no, walked 10 feet then took a picture with some beezy. Shamrock was a prick at first but he gave me a pic at least.....

Comment

i cant stand jon jones, dude is the most arrogant fighter i ever seen and thats saying alot. if he was just real about it i wouldnt mind but instead he acts fake as hell, making him the most fake fighter i ever seen too.

if you are not only gonna be arrogant but be fake about it as well atleast do a good job of it, but he doesnt. jon jones' arrogance shines through every second, i cant even listen to his interviews while hes sitting there with a smug look on his face pretending to be humble. then turns around and says the most arrogant things right in the middle of his already poor act.

Comment

The answer to this question is: most MMA fans are idiotic. You have that many people hating Jon Jones that much yet an actual, pure scumbag who deserves nothing but hate like a Chael Sonnen gets nowhere near the amount of hate.

I never thought I'd see the day there would be worse fight fans than Boxing's fanbase but MMA has long surpassed that. They could all learn something from the fans of kickboxing, now they have some class.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  The answer to this question is: most MMA fans are idiotic. You have that many people hating Jon Jones that much yet an actual, pure scumbag who deserves nothing but hate like a Chael Sonnen gets nowhere near the amount of hate.

I never thought I'd see the day there would be worse fight fans than Boxing's fanbase but MMA has long surpassed that. They could all learn something from the fans of kickboxing, now they have some class.
                  Actually, don't care much for Chael either. He talks his way into fights but at least he steps up. I gained more respect for him after the whole UFC 151 debacle. I mean, who else would step up to fight the champ on 8 days notice? He does say some funny stuff sometimes too. Even though I'm a huge Nog fan that **** Chael was saying about when the Nog bros. first came to America they where trying to feed the bus carrots and petting it had me rolling. I'm still not a fan though. The only time I've ever rooted for Bisping was against Chael...

Comment

Actually, don't care much for Chael either. He talks his way into fights but at least he steps up. I gained more respect for him after the whole UFC 151 debacle. I mean, who else would step up to fight the champ on 8 days notice? He does say some funny stuff sometimes too. Even though I'm a huge Nog fan that **** Chael was saying about when the Nog bros. first came to America they where trying to feed the bus carrots and petting it had me rolling. I'm still not a fan though. The only time I've ever rooted for Bisping was against Chael...
                    It still makes no sense that you don't even hate a guy like Chael Sonnen while at the same time hate Jones that much. Gained respect for him that? A desperate loser who has failed to win a title his entire career which is the only reason he's still fighting, wouldn't take ANY shot at the title especially one against one of the most prolific champions in years? It just shows his oppertunistic nature. **** respect, it just shows what a little rat he is. Sonnen is actually ruining MMA with the help of that bald scumbag. Jones is not.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      It still makes no sense that you don't even hate a guy like Chael Sonnen while at the same time hate Jones that much. Gained respect for him that? A desperate loser who has failed to win a title his entire career which is the only reason he's still fighting, wouldn't take ANY shot at the title especially one against one of the most prolific champions in years? It just shows his oppertunistic nature. **** respect, it just shows what a little rat he is. Sonnen is actually ruining MMA with the help of that bald scumbag. Jones is not.
                      Sonnen is a scumbag, but he doesn't pretend to be something else. He embraces it, he doesn't sugar coat ****. If Jones would be real with everyone, I'd probably like him more. But like Rashad said, he's a smile at your face then talk **** behind your back kind of guy...

Comment

Working...
                      X