No announcement yet.

muscle possibly stunting growth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muscle possibly stunting growth?

hey im 15, 140 pounds and 5"10 (or 178) and i havent grown since i was around 13. Could this be due to me working out alot when i was 13/14? Ive heard it can possibly stunt growth but have no proof, you guys heard anything? I didnt do anything stupid, just pressups, light weights with high reps etc

Is this Versy? haha.

LOLZORRS.

Comment

No, no it would not.

Comment

You definitely have nothing to worry about as far as working out is concerned. I guess the downside is that you might not grow taller, but it's not because of a little (or a lot) of training.

Comment

You're 15! 5ft 10 is an average height for an adult. You haven't grown because you've developed early, you had your growth spurt at an early age, that's all, some people have it at 18, some people at 15. At 12 I was about 4ft 9, at 13, about 5ft 1, by 16 I was 6ft. Even if you don't grow anymore (which is unlikely) you'll still be a fine height. Males can grow until aged 24. What you are at 15 can be as useful as a tool to predict your full grown heigh as what you are at 4. Besides all this, body exercises and light weights are not going to stunt your growth. Heavy resistance training can stunt it, not due to muscle, but due to hardening of the body frame.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
            Is this Versy? haha.

LOLZORRS.
            .......hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichorn View Post
              hey im 15, 140 pounds and 5"10 (or 178) and i havent grown since i was around 13. Could this be due to me working out alot when i was 13/14? Ive heard it can possibly stunt growth but have no proof, you guys heard anything? I didnt do anything stupid, just pressups, light weights with high reps etc
              no problem, ive only grown one inch since i was 14(remembe how cool it was to be a big kid)and it almost didnt lift until last year(age off 20).

the american average is 5.9 and your 5.10 dont worry.

Comment

Nothing to worry about....like someone said before, it looks like you had an early growth spert as 5'10'' is a good height.

I'm about 5' 8'' and have not grown since i was 15. I'm 21 now...so i aint looking to get any taller...just concentrating on fitness.

Comment

thanks for help guys, now im gunna go get my body back

all my friends seem to be taller than me though (mostly by one or 2 inches)

big generation? :S

Comment

Good question but your allready tall man. If im 17 and im 5"9 tall, would this likly be the height im goona be for the rest of my life and my growing is done? I dont lift weights either.

Comment

Working...
                    X