Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan-Kell Brook Discussions To Take Place This Month

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always thought Brooklyn was alright, nothing elite but neither is Khan. Brook as much as I want him to win will probably lose on points. Anyone vs Khan has a punchers chance but I think Khan will come in with the right game plan and outbox Brook.

Brook isn't a pressure inside guy and looks to counter.

Either way I think it'll be an interesting fight good money for the both of them and it's a real 5050 imo. Hopefully it will be exciting and I think the buildup will be rather funny if it gets signed

Comment

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
      As a massive Kell Brook I think he beats Khan everyday of the week and twice on sundays.

But to be fair Kell Books has had a Zero risk career he has only faced one opponent in his entire career were the fight was seen as 50/50.

Whilst Khan has taken loads of 50/50 fights... When Khan fought Luis Collazo and Devon Alexander those were seen as 50/50 fights by the fans and the media. Soon as Khan beat them suddenly both became labelled as bums.

Kell Brook is the best welterweight in the world...Its time to go out and prove it or rather sign with a promoter who is going to let him prove it.
      I think Brooks power is being overrated by some, and i believe Khan will show Kell full respect in the ring.

When Khan knows whats ahead he brings his A game. Brook might be fresh compared to Khan, but he lacks the experience.

Kell has had a easy route to the top and easy defenses. Khan did all the hard work throughout his career, so it makes me laugh when Kell claims he came up the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        We are more likely to see Thurman vs Khan than Brook vs anyone with a pulse..

Khan will fight Thurman, soon after he faces Brook

Brook has no intentions of fighting anyone, he is scared to face guys on Rios and Chaves level.

They tricked Chaves to get him out of the eliminator, so Brook could face Bizier.

Brook wants to make a couple of mil and retire and move over to Spain.

These Ingle trained fighters never have the desire.

Win or lose Khan holds the answers to all of Brooks dreams.

Brook has no heart sadly. Solid boxer but they have mollycoddled him his entire career, which will backfire on him come fight night against Khan.

Brook has had the title for nearly 2 years and has nothing to show for it.
        I agree that Brook has shown no ambition whatsoever as a champion.

It has gone from being disappointing to pathetic.

But Khan has been very inactive and distracted which could give Brook the edge.

The only way to know for sure is for the talking to stop and fighting to start.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Boxing Scene has been told that representatives for Kell Brook and Amir Khan will begin discussions to try and secure a fight between the two British welterweights on June 4 at Wembley Stadium.

Brook, the IBF world champion is currently waiting to find out where the next defence of his title, against Kevin Bizier, will take place with purse bids due in for January 12. Boxing Scene has been informed that February 20 in Sheffield is an option as are dates in America and Canada.

[Click Here To Read More]

So, all it took to start a meaningful discussion between Khan/Brook, was Khan being overlooked by Mayweather and Pacquiao?

Mayweather/Pacquiao should have openly told Khan to step up 3 years ago.

Khan is finally doing what he needs to do in order to land a Pac/May fight.....
          ..... now that those fights are unavailable LMAO

Will this mean that the other top welters will actually fight each other now?

Welterweight..... stacked, but stagnant. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            I agree that Brook has shown no ambition whatsoever as a champion.

It has gone from being disappointing to pathetic.

But Khan has been very inactive and distracted which could give Brook the edge.

The only way to know for sure is for the talking to stop and fighting to start.
            Its the Ingle gym mentality. Kell reminds me of Naz in many ways.

Khan lost his desire and mental edge after his loss to Garcia.

But Khans already made his millions, he could retire today and be happy.

Brook on the other hand has a long road ahead of him, he better hope Khan gives him the fight.

Comment

Like Brook is really willing to fight anyone other than Khan

Since winning the title he's fought bum after bum.

If he somehow beats Khan, which i doubt, Brook will retire within 2 fights. He's too big for the weight and he cant hang with the fellas a weight class above.

I said Brook would hold the title hostage, and duck and avoid anyone with a pulse just to safely secure the Khan fight. 35 fighters, 34 bums.

When your career is based on fighting bums, its hard to change that habit. Brooks goal is to make a couple of million and retire, he doesn't have that desire to be the best.

We will never see a Brook vs Thurman/Spence.
              I agree and Khan is the next bum he'll face...move on Kell fight a decent Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
                Khan had Kell Brook stabbed in France so why fight?

Khan is a terrorist supported whacko lunatic who is hated everywhere but in sand land and turban country. Kell Brook is more a dainty well bathed perfumed weak Brit not ready to be humbled by greatness and exposed to the rot of Amir Kubla Khan.

God you say some dumb stuff.

Comment

Its the Ingle gym mentality. Kell reminds me of Naz in many ways.

Khan lost his desire and mental edge after his loss to Garcia.

But Khans already made his millions, he could retire today and be happy.

Brook on the other hand has a long road ahead of him, he better hope Khan gives him the fight.
                  I think Khan wants the payday as well.

His lifestyle and overheads are very expensive and he has not had a huge income recently.

I'm not saying he is going broke, but he needs a big payday.

Comment

I think Brooks power is being overrated by some, and i believe Khan will show Kell full respect in the ring.

When Khan knows whats ahead he brings his A game. Brook might be fresh compared to Khan, but he lacks the experience.

Kell has had a easy route to the top and easy defenses. Khan did all the hard work throughout his career, so it makes me laugh when Kell claims he came up the hard way.
                    For the record I have just had look at the pre-fight polls on this site for the Khan vs Alexander and Khan vs Collazo fights. An Extraordinary 57 % picked Alexander to win, about 48 % picked Collazo to win.

Now the same guys who picked Collazo and Alexander are stating that Khan has not taken any risky fights since he moved up to welterweight.

As for the occasion getting to Kell Brook if they fight... I think the fact that Khan is semi-retired balances out that factor.

Plus occasion could also get to Khan who has become used to fighting abroad with a lot less pressure. He has only fought in England twice in the last five years. Against Mccloskey and Julio Diaz both times he seemed slightly more nervous fighting in front of home town fans.

Comment

No desire to see this **** fight and I've been to all of Khan's fight barring the Collazo fight. Kell Brook is a bottom feeder, he brings nothing to the table. Khan should dismiss this clown.

Khan's first order priority should be getting out of Haymon's contract. Then telling his father to take a back seat in his career.

Like to see Khan hang them up. He's had a great career and has nothing left to prove. Should he continue then Saddam Ali for the WBO with a move back to HBO would be my ideal move for the King.

Comment

Working...
                      X