Comments Thread For: Amir Khan-Kell Brook Discussions To Take Place This Month

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    I think Khan wants the payday as well.

His lifestyle and overheads are very expensive and he has not had a huge income recently.

I'm not saying he is going broke, but he needs a big payday.
    Out of the recent crop of British fighters I think Carl Froch and Amir Khan
    are the least likely to go broke.

Khans financiallly secure and money has been carefully invested...Plus he makes good money from sponsorships, endorsements and appearances alone.

Pretty certain The Sunday Times Rich list has him ahead of both Calzaghe and Carl Froch. So like Frankie Bruno says Khan can easily retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
      As a massive Kell Brook I think he beats Khan everyday of the week and twice on sundays.

But to be fair Kell Books has had a Zero risk career he has only faced one opponent in his entire career were the fight was seen as 50/50.

Whilst Khan has taken loads of 50/50 fights... When Khan fought Luis Collazo and Devon Alexander those were seen as 50/50 fights by the fans and the media. Soon as Khan beat them suddenly both became labelled as bums.

Kell Brook is the best welterweight in the world...Its time to go out and prove it or rather sign with a promoter who is going to let him prove it.

I agree with the bold.

But Brook and Khan - along with every other top welter - have all avoided each other, hoping to win the May/Pac payday by default, off a body-of-work that has been clearly inadequate...... and not one of them was willing to take difficult fights in the meantime, except maybe Porter.

NEITHER of those guys deserved a Pacquiao payday, let alone a Mayweather payday..... and neither does anyone else.

NOBODY put together 2 back-to-back wins against top opposition.

NOBODY put their hand up and dared to be great in order to eclipse the guys around them.

Welterweight has been lame.

No idea who wins between Khan/Brook, that is close to a 50/50 matchup.

Khan has the skillset/speed/experience, but he has other questions marks..... Brook has size/strength and an effective style, but he has not performed at the highest level except against Porter who was an easier opponent for him than Khan will be, due to styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
        Out of the recent crop of British fighters I think Carl Froch and Amir Khan
        are the least likely to go broke.

Khans financiallly secure and money has been carefully invested...Plus he makes good money from sponsorships, endorsements and appearances alone.

Pretty certain The Sunday Times Rich list has him ahead of both Calzaghe and Carl Froch. So like Frankie Bruno says Khan can easily retire.
        Like I said, he WANTS a payday.

He doesn't necessarily NEED one.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          We are more likely to see Thurman vs Khan than Brook vs anyone with a pulse..

Khan will fight Thurman, soon after he faces Brook

Brook has no intentions of fighting anyone, he is scared to face guys on Rios and Chaves level.

They tricked Chaves to get him out of the eliminator, so Brook could face Bizier.

Brook wants to make a couple of mil and retire and move over to Spain.

These Ingle trained fighters never have the desire.

Win or lose Khan holds the answers to all of Brooks dreams.

Brook has no heart sadly. Solid boxer but they have mollycoddled him his entire career, which will backfire on him come fight night against Khan.

Brook has had the title for nearly 2 years and has nothing to show for it.

Khan has consistently been ahead of Brook on the world stage.....
          ..... and yet, he did absolutely nothing to force the Mayweather fight.

As a result, Brook is now likely ranked ahead of him at welter.

No idea if he is ranked higher than Khan at welter, but he should be.

Not convinced that either of those guys would fight Thurman, and not convinced that Thurman would fight those 2 guys either..... if the prospect of a Mayweather payday was not enough to entice those guys to fight, I have no idea why they would matchup now.

Porter seemed to be the only guy who is willing to fight anyone, but he lost to Brook.

Comment

aboutfkntime, is all I have to say !!

wow, top welterweights actually fighting each other..... go figure

great concept, long may it continue

#welterweight=nothingtoseeherefolks

Comment

Khan wants a cash out and Brook wants a major pay day as well. Makes sense for both guys. Khan is not the same hungry fighter he was pre-Garcia. And understandably, because getting KO'd will take anyone's hunger away.

I think both guys are going to hang em up soon. May as well stage a huge event at Wembley and walk out with big money before leaving the sport.

As for the fight, I think Brook wins big, especially at this point in their careers with Khan really inactive these past 2-3 years, and Brook on top of his game. Plus Brook is a natural welter and has speed and good power, and great timing on his counter punches. I think he gets to Khan early and often enough to stop him early to mid rounds, similar to how Garcia did it. The best possible outcome is a good fight, regardless who wins.

Comment

I think Khan is looking to cash out to,that's why he wanted Floyd and manny.he would have pulled a Maidana if he got either one of them.

Comment

Brook finally getting his man. Brooks head didn't get snapped back by as many punches as he would have liked and hasn't taken as much wear and tear. So shame a bitoo soon for khans liking still. But everyone was conspiring against khan.

PAC didn't want khan, neither did Floyd! There was nowhere left for khan too hide

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                    Hahahahahahahahaha, Khan going cap in hand to Hearn after being given the runaround for a THIRD time by Pacquiao/Mayweather. The guy desperately needs the Brook fight at this point.

It will come as a disappointment to many, but Amir is the A-Side in this. They had a verbal agreement a few months back.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=684524

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    Its the Ingle gym mentality. Kell reminds me of Naz in many ways.

Khan lost his desire and mental edge after his loss to Garcia.

But Khans already made his millions, he could retire today and be happy.

Brook on the other hand has a long road ahead of him, he better hope Khan gives him the fight.
                    Why Naz? Not that I ever liked Naz, but I mean why not Witter? Kell just went with the formula of attaching your name with a star fighter and ran with it except Junior's opposition wasn't pathetic.
                    Last edited by Box-Office; 01-02-2016, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                      It will come as a disappointment to many, but Amir is the A-Side in this. They had a verbal agreement a few months back.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=684524

Why Naz? Not that I ever liked Naz, but I mean why not Witter? Kell just went with the formula of attaching your name with a star fighter and ran with it except Junior's opposition wasn't pathetic.
                      i meant naz desire after his loss

but witter is a better example

Comment

Working...
                      X