Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Gamboa did so much better than Loma vs Salido?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Gamboa did so much better than Loma vs Salido?

Gamboa had an easy time, really busted up Salido and Salido was throwing low blows too. Gamboa is smaller too.

What happened there?
    Last edited by pesticid; 11-30-2016, 10:31 AM.

Speed kills

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Speed kills
      I think Loma is faster

Comment

Gamboa circles and darts in and out of range whereas Loma stays in range and pivots. Salido's wide hooks caught Loma as he turned repeatedly

Also, I don't think that the Loma who fought Salido was bigger than the Gamboa who fought Salido. Gamboa successfully pushed Salido back throughout the fight. Loma looked a lot weaker back then and still had a bunch of amateurish habits

Finally, Salido is a hot and cold fighter in general. He sometimes looks completely different from one fight to the next. Perhaps he was more motivated against Loma

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Gamboa circles and darts in and out of range whereas Loma stays in range and pivots. Salido's wide hooks caught Loma as he turned repeatedly

Also, I don't think that the Loma who fought Salido was bigger than the Gamboa who fought Salido. Gamboa successfully pushed Salido back throughout the fight. Loma looked a lot weaker back then and still had a bunch of amateurish habits

Finally, Salido is a hot and cold fighter in general. He sometimes looks completely different from one fight to the next. Perhaps he was more motivated against Loma

Great points except that Gamboa is not the smaller fighter. Gamboa was competing in the Olympics at 112 pounds and started his professional career at 122, so Loma is bigger.

Comment

Lack of experience cost Loma. He will KO Salido in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
              Great points except that Gamboa is not the smaller fighter. Gamboa was competing in the Olympics at 112 pounds and started his professional career at 122, so Loma is bigger.
              I just had a quick view of the highlights of both fights on YouTube and Gamboa looks more built up to me, especially his back. He was the aggressor and seemingly the stronger man against Salido, whereas Salido v Loma looked almost like man v boy. Gamboa was super young when he fought at flyweight, right?
              Last edited by NEETzsche; 11-30-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Gamboa had a lot more pro experience, also I think he hits harder than Loma so it was easier for him to earn Salido's respect and decrease his output

Comment

When Gamboa was at featherweight he was unstoppable but now he's finished, that Gamboa would have beat any featherweight or super bantamweight

Comment

We;re comparing Lomachenko, who is very good and very skilled but was only in his second pro fight to a guy who was in his 18th pro fight and had even better natural gifts of hand and foot.

It's sad that Gamboa is where he is right now and it can all be traced to him leaving TR in the build up to the Rios fight. That bout would have made him into a genuine star yet he chose to go with 50 cent or Jay Z or whoever it was.

Once in a life time talent wasted by idiocy.

Comment

Working...
                    X