No announcement yet.

Roman Rungvisai 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    If we're being fair, he did back off big money demands AND he has spent more time fighting world level opposition, almost one after the other than divas at weletr and light middle. At 29 years of age, he may be one of the bets lower division fighters ever with one of the deepest resumes for his weight ever.

Fights like those against Inoue are just a bonus in an exceptional carere.
    People where demanding Roman Gonzalez to fight Prime Estrada, Prime Cuadras, and Prime Inoue back to back in a year let that sink in and 2 of them he already beat in their primes also yet he is still getting called a diva for wanting a bit more money. Gonzalez is one of the few fighters to go through his murderer's row of fights and win it. (Viloria-Estrada-Yaegeshi-Arroyo-Sosa-Cuadras)

He has one of the best few year runs in the lower weight division on the history of the sport.

Comment

I hope Gonzalez loses again. Then we can get the real men in the ring Estrada vs Rungvisai.

Roman became a diva way too soon. No Cuadras rematch? No Estrada rematch at his healthy weight unless he got a million? smh

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        People where demanding Roman Gonzalez to fight Prime Estrada, Prime Cuadras, and Prime Inoue back to back in a year let that sink in and 2 of them he already beat in their primes also yet he is still getting called a diva for wanting a bit more money. Gonzalez is one of the few fighters to go through his murderer's row of fights and win it. (Viloria-Estrada-Yaegeshi-Arroyo-Sosa-Cuadras)

He has one of the best few year runs in the lower weight division on the history of the sport.
        Yep although a couple of those opponents weren't at their best its better than one fight thurman or ward let me take a holiday yet those guys have fanbases.

Its ridiculous.

And I can't link laryys idiocy as another poster a long time ago had it in his signature Nd it's from a time when Larry had. Different username.

Its why you can check my old posts Nd see I never respect larrys posts. The guy is a full on clown lol

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          If we're being fair, he did back off big money demands AND he has spent more time fighting world level opposition, almost one after the other than divas at weletr and light middle. At 29 years of age, he may be one of the bets lower division fighters ever with one of the deepest resumes for his weight ever.

Fights like those against Inoue are just a bonus in an exceptional carere.
          His demands are not outrageous. He's been a highly popular undercard fighter for a few years, who has now headlined a couple of his own cards and appeared on PPV. Asking for 1m is pretty reasonable - it's on par with what other fighters, some of whom are less popular have made. Guys like Lara and Crawford have made 1-1.5m, and I'd say he's a bigger draw than both.

Comment

I expect the rematch to go exactly as the first including the butts & cuts except this time Roman will get the proper decision. Estrada will TKO Cuadras late.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              His demands are not outrageous. He's been a highly popular undercard fighter for a few years, who has now headlined a couple of his own cards and appeared on PPV. Asking for 1m is pretty reasonable - it's on par with what other fighters, some of whom are less popular have made. Guys like Lara and Crawford have made 1-1.5m, and I'd say he's a bigger draw than both.
              1 m is too much for anyone to be paid imo which is why I said it. But in terms of him being a draw I dunno if he is bigger than tc.

Comment

I think Gonzales loses again.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Lil guys don't make 7 digits very often. And there is almost a graph one could make starting out at 105lbs to HW that shows the chances of making 6 or 7 digits going up & up as weights increase. So idk if its necessarily a reasonable request to make when lil guys have such lil appeal & while Roman is more popular then most lil guys there is virtual no appeal in his weight division or his opponents. Thats gonna have impact on his ability to get bigger paydays. So not saying he doesn't deserve it cuz ultimately you deserve whatever you get, but idk if I'd call a lil guy asking for a mill is reasonable ever lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                    Has nothing to do with him moving up in weight or anything..Actually he fought all 12 rounds against the ram from thailand and won the fight, IMO, while bleeding all over the ring from headbutts. I don't see this hype you see. I see a boxer who is small for his weight and has fought the best fighters at 115 without a tune up at the weight. He is going to win this time.
                    agree with all this, i think roman won convincingly the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Lil guys don't make 7 digits very often. And there is almost a graph one could make starting out at 105lbs to HW that shows the chances of making 6 or 7 digits going up & up as weights increase. So idk if its necessarily a reasonable request to make when lil guys have such lil appeal & while Roman is more popular then most lil guys there is virtual no appeal in his weight division or his opponents. Thats gonna have impact on his ability to get bigger paydays. So not saying he doesn't deserve it cuz ultimately you deserve whatever you get, but idk if I'd call a lil guy asking for a mill is reasonable ever lol.
                      I agree with everything you're saying, it's all true.
                      Roman has been working on it and is on the right trajectory - him wanting that 1m is not outrageous for the best fights out there. Look at his purses and opponents over the last 2 years. He got 400k for Viloria on undercard of PPV, 300k for Arroyo on regular HBO, 500k against Cuadras and 550k against Rungvisai again undercard on PPV.

Because of this, he absolutely has the right to ask, and work towards getting close to 1m for best-in-division showdowns against Estrada 2 or against Inoue. I'm not saying he's gonna get 7 figures. But his desire is not outrageous, especially when weighed against his exposure level.

Walters wanted the same money while being 1/10th as accomplished and 1/50th as known, Rigo wants more than that while being 1/2 as accomplished and 1/20th as known. Compare this to a bunch of other tools and their financial demands - Quillin with his "5-10 mill", Jacobs with "2 Quillins", Pac with his 25m demand for Crawford, etc.

Roman may not get 7 figures next fight. But he has, and continues to build, a solid case for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X