Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the fastest punchers ever? From any weight division or style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like Prime Erik Morales is vastly underrated in the handspeed department

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      Not even close to the fastest ever hes a heavyweight you cretin
      In terms of handspeed, several heavyweights, among them prime Ali, Tyson and Patterson were truly elite. Because heavyweights tend to have longer levers (limbs, mostly) a single punch generally takes longer to complete than is the case for fighters in lighter weight divisions; however the actual speed of the gloved fist is often as fast or faster than is found among lighter fighters. What made Tyson unusual even among extremely fast boxers was that his quick hands were often accompanied by significant trunk rotation, resulting in a combination of speed and power that is unique in boxing history. It's one thing to throw fast "shoe-shine" punches or "arm punches", it's quite another to throw lightening-fast punches in bunches with your whole body behind them. Another good video on this:

https://youtu.be/wL_XPN4lWog
      Last edited by GelfSara; 05-03-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
        In terms of handspeed, several heavyweights, among them prime Ali, Tyson and Patterson were truly elite. Because heavyweights tend to have longer levers (limbs, mostly) a single punch generally takes longer to complete than is the case for fighters in lighter weight divisions; however the actual speed of the gloved fist is often as fast or faster than is found among lighter fighters. What made Tyson unusual even among extremely fast boxers was that his quick hands were often accompanied by significant trunk rotation, resulting in a combination of speed and power that was unique in boxing history. It's one thing to throw fast "shoe-shine" punches or "arm punches", it's quite another to throw lightening-fast punches in bunches with your whole body behind them. Another good video on this:

https://youtu.be/wL_XPN4lWog
        Youre a fcuking cretin that has no idea what hes talking about or a good troll , I predict cretin (also note a good troll is also usually a cretin)

Comment

Raushee Warren was fast asf when he was in the AMs

Comment

Hector Camacho was fast. Hands and feet..

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
              I know I'ma get laughed at .
              But Amir Khan had some of the fastest hands I've seen At Welterweight .
              Shouldn't be laughed at. Amir Khan is easily one of the fastest fighters I've ever seen in regards to pure hand speed.

Meldrick Taylor
              Howard Davis Jr
              Ray Leonard
              Roy Jones
              Zab Judah
              Pacquaio

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                Prime Pacquiao of course
                ... right!...

(I never knew if he landed or not...)

Comment

Gary Russel

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                    Prime Pacquiao of course
                    Think Roach always said Khan was faster than prime Pacquiao. He probably was. Khan's handspeed used to be ridiculous. It's a shame that's all he had going for him.

Comment

Charlie Edwards

Comment

Working...
                      X