Fights you wished never happened

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
    Hopkins / Joe Smith Jr.
    From the first round you can tell Bernard at 49 wasn't the same as Bernard at 47 . His movement looked off and he had lost definition in his body .
    I think the Kovalev fight took Alot outta him . It was sad to see his career end with him being KO'd out the ring by Smith. Specially after all the Shet he was talking about Smith and the corny Frank Sinatra ring walk.
    Although I agree with you, I'm sure others will not. Based on the fact that Hopkins gets a lot of hate around here.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      Although I agree with you, I'm sure others will not. Based on the fact that Hopkins gets a lot of hate around here.
      Yeah . Hates one thing ( and probably for good reasons ) . But like a Great poet once said " put some Respek on my name " .

Comment

Cotto - Martinez was pretty stupid. Martinez was old and clearly injured, and the fight was spun like a great victory for Cotto. That was hand picking. They were banking on Martinez being injured.

Comment

Mundine vs Moseley
          Abraham vs Direll - the beginning of the end for AA.
          Prince Naseem vs Barrera - it made Nas seem like a punk afterwards for dropping out of the sport and he was better than that.
          Mayweather vs McGregor - neither of them deserved that ridiculous amount of money for a poor sparring session.
          Ali vs Holmes
          Fury vs Klitschko - because now we have to watch Fury clown around the ring with guys like Seferi for 3 fights before taking a highly paid beating by Wilder after Wilder takes the belts.

Comment

Oh...and Calzaghe vs Manfredo Jr.
            The reason I say this is because whenever somebody wants to belittle Joe's achievements that's their go to fight. Without that (and I accept the quick stoppage argument) he would receive a lot more praise for his accomplishments which I think he fairly deserves.

Comment

Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux
              Roy's like last 15 fights or so
              Kovalev vs Ward 2
              Every fight of Ishe Smiths I've been unfortunate enough to watch
              Ricky Hatton vs Senchenko though I like Brook beat his ass after in almost a Tyson vs Holmes moment.
              Wladimir vs Povetkin - Huge reason why I try not to get too excited for mega fights anymore.

Comment

Hopkins / Joe Smith Jr.
                From the first round you can tell Bernard at 49 wasn't the same as Bernard at 47 . His movement looked off and he had lost definition in his body .
                I think the Kovalev fight took Alot outta him . It was sad to see his career end with him being KO'd out the ring by Smith. Specially after all the Shet he was talking about Smith and the corny Frank Sinatra ring walk.

Hopkins was 51 against Smith Jr. He was actually less than a month away from 52.

Comment

Hopkins / Joe Smith Jr.
                  Bernard Hopkins fought Smith Jr. at 52.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Hopkins was 51 against Smith Jr. He was actually less than a month away from 52.
                    Hopkins was the man. Great fighter.

Comment

Any match where a fighter died because of the damage he took.

Comment

Working...
                      X