No announcement yet.

Jimmy Garcia vs Gabriel Ruelas circa 1995

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRANKIE420247 View Post
    U gave me some homework bro lol. They should have it on Netflix right?
    Usually they have some, but not all. That ESPN+ crap has most of the 30 for 30s

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Usually they have some, but not all. That ESPN+ crap has most of the 30 for 30s
      thank u kind sir 🙂

Comment

I remember it as well. Sad day. Garcia Had just fought Genaro Hernandez previously for the WBA belt. I agree Gabe was never the same after that. What made it even worse was that on the night Jimmy Garcia died from injuries, Gabe Ruelas also had to watch his brother Rafael get brutally ko'd by De La Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          I remember it as well. Sad day. Garcia Had just fought Genaro Hernandez previously for the WBA belt. I agree Gabe was never the same after that. What made it even worse was that on the night Jimmy Garcia died from injuries, Gabe Ruelas also had to watch his brother Rafael get brutally ko'd by De La Hoya.
          Oh yeah, I forgot that part... thanks TBear!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            How many of you guys remember watching Garcia gamely fought back with no chance to win. He lost the fight and approx 13 days later died. Discuss!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.c343b23f2ce5

Super featherweight Jimmy Garcia, the Colombian boxer who suffered a brain injury in a championship fight two weeks ago, died early yesterday in Las Vegas. He was 22.

Garcia died at 1:43 a.m. PDT at University Medical Center when doctors declared him brain dead and turned off the life-support system that had sustained him since surgery following the May 6 fight. His doctors at first were optimistic about Garcia's prognosis, but he suffered a stroke a week ago, his kidneys stopped functioning Monday and he deteriorated quickly after lapsing into a coma.

His death was not unexpected by the doctors or by Gabriel Ruelas, the fighter whose fists ended up killing him. "I was just hoping for a miracle during the past few days," Ruelas said.

Marc Ratner, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said doctors told him Garcia's kidney failure was due to the amount of medication needed to reduce swelling in Garcia's brain.
            Yeah, that was such a tragedy.

Ruelas was never the same fighter afterward.

Very sad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              Yeah, that was such a tragedy.

Ruelas was never the same fighter afterward.

Very sad day.
              It was very sad. I was sad that some Colombians were glad he died.

Comment

Probably. If not, it should be streaming on Amazon, since they have it on DVD. Or you can order the DVD.

Comment

I checked, didn't see it on there.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    I checked, didn't see it on there.
                    thanks brother

Comment

The boxing history section is so chill compared to NSB, and the Lounge.. I like it here. Real boxing fans, talking about boxing..

This is good!

Comment

Working...
                      X