Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only excuse from Wilder I agree with.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Wilder,Manny and anyone that loses/draws and makes excuses should look at the post fight interview Dogboe gave after the Navarette fight for instructions on how a pro fighter should handle the aftermath of an unexpected loss or draw when you were favored to win.
    Agree. The winner rarely finds excuse.....

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Read the title of this thread. Why would you even ask me about those excuses?
      I did read the title..I’m asking you why you also don’t agree about the gypsy magic excuse? I might be true

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        When he admits he wasn't ready for the big stage and was over anxious trying to impress people.

Experience on the big stage matters. We see it all the time in sports. Less experienced teams choke while experienced teams like the Patriots don't get rattled.

Wilder claims he doesn't care what people think but he really cares a lot. He cares so much he fought an internet troll, Charlie Z. So Fury talking about nobody knowing who Wilder is did get under his skin.

There was a lot of nervous energy in that ring from Wilder. And getting down early on the cards made it even worse. That's why i think he's more confident going into the rematch
        This made me lol because it's true

Comment

I know Wilder isn't too fond of Floyd at the moment, but if I were him, I'd watch some YouTube clips of Floyd during the lead up of fights. If you notice, he is super relaxed and doesn't waste any unnecessary energy. That translates to the ring and one of his best qualities are that he doesn't care what the crowd thinks. He's going to go in there and do his job and do whatever it takes to win.

Wilder came out in round 1 throwing some wild shots. He's usually very patient early on and prone to lose the early rounds as he tries to get the timing down of his opponent.

Well done to Fury for doing what he always does. Great skill that he gets under your skin during fight week.

Comment

Agreed, and furthermore I think he knocks Fury out in the rematch.. if Fury was smart he'd pivot to Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I totally agree with that excuse too, i thought he fought with too much built up emotion. I watch the epilogue the other day and Fury did get into into his skin, he was seen talking to his G/F and what he wants to do to Fury.

This was reflected in him trying to take Fury's head off in every round, issue was Fury could see his swinging hand from wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over there.

When he settle down in the 12th round you could see the right hand he hit Fury with was pleasant, Fury didn't see it because it was short and right in front of him. Wilder didn't swing it from heaven. He stood right in front of Fury and throw a short one.

If he fights like that against Fury or AJ he stops both of them, he if fights the way he did against Fury in the first 7/8 rounds against AJ i swear he gets stop within 4 rounds.
              Fury was tired late in the fight.

That also why he could land that punch. Fury moved less and was more of a stationary target.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Wilder,Manny and anyone that loses/draws and makes excuses should look at the post fight interview Dogboe gave after the Navarette fight for instructions on how a pro fighter should handle the aftermath of an unexpected loss or draw when you were favored to win.

Yeah, I was impressed by Dogboe. He got beat up pretty bad and was still positive and made no excuses during the interview.

He has my support, too many fighters never look in the mirror when fights don't go their way.

Comment

I'm a fan of Wilder, but the list of excuses is ridiculous.

Maybe he wasn't quite ready for the big stage, I can accept that excuse to a certain extent, but I don't think the outcome would have been much different. Fury was on point that night. Fury will be less rusty and more sharp in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    I can agree with this. I never accept any fighters excuses, but this always the accepted universal excuse for most fighters in bug fights.. He earned the draw. No excuses next time.
                    "I never accept any fighters excuses"

Goes on to accept a fighters excuse.

Comment

Nah I don't agree with that... I think he just didn't have the skill or creativity to land his big right hand. Fury confused the **** out of him

Comment

Working...
                      X