Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd vs. Erislandy Lara Rematch Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not good for Lara at all...he gets stopped in the rematch

Comment

I see Lara getting beaten more convincingly in the rematch, he no longer has the movement he needs to outbox the younger fighter.
      I see a late stoppage happening similar to when Hurd beat Trout.

Comment

Ehh Lara could win if he boxes more but didn’t think this needs an insta rematch. Hurd needs to fight charlo

Comment

I am at a loss. Why is this reordered? Was there some controversy I am not aware of? I totally get a rematch being ordered in some circumstances, but this was a close fight with no argument to my knowledge that Hurd was a legit winner. This is a strange order.

I do not get the logic of sanctioning bodies.

Comment

Knew the WBA didn’t want Hurd with that belt. Did u notice he didn’t receive it in the ring after he won? As a matter of fact, Hurd posted on IG I few days ago that he just received the WBA belt.

Comment

Agreed....

But I wanna see it just to make sure!

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              This is not good for Lara at all...he gets stopped in the rematch

Comment

Why the hell is it ordered? Are u not allowed to win a close fight th3se days without having a rematch?

Comment

So does this mean that any close result is essentially meaningless if a rematch is going to be immediately ordered? Sure, the fight was very close but Hurd still won. Sanctioning bodies should only mandate rematches if the fight was a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    Lets get USADA testing from right now up until the fight. I'm telling y'all, that Turd is dirty.
                    Definitely support this testing from now, how this guy makes 154 is beyond me.

Comment

This is the same alphabet body, for lack of a derogatory term,
                      that let Andrade loiter around and Lara fight Gausha, instead.
                      Seems like they impose their will when they want to.
                      There's gotta be something going on behind the scenes between the head of this WBA body and Decubas and Haymon.
                      They also let Lara defend his title against a long line of nobodies for 2 years.
                      Fans shouldn't let these shady characters make a fool of them.
                      Someone should investigate these shady people ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                      X