No announcement yet.

Nations Of Annoying Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nations Of Annoying Fans

To me, the British empire is most sickeningly biased in the evaluation of its boxers, who are generally scrubs. A plow horse like Hatton can be a superstar in Great Britain, whereas he would be a minor draw stateside and seen for the nag he is.

The Brits go nuts with accolades and superlatives every time they have a decent fighter. They get straight away to the task of turning him into a newspaper ATG, without waiting for evidence.

This is what happened with their oaf Joshua, and he turned out to be a scrub. Now, because he has defeated a porcine Ruiz on the second try by emulating the Klitscho-scared style, they are right back on their high horses, once again proclaiming him to be the heavyweight messiah.

He is sure to be beaten again soon. That prediction has a qualifier, though. They have to let him fight someone dangerous. They probably will try to minimize danger with their opponent selection.

Brits, the world has not forgotten with you that your oaf is a big scrub who was cold cócked by the fattest heavyweight champion ever, it turns out. Joshua would not last three rounds with Wilder, and would likely be out in one.

Is there any nation of boxing fans as sickening as the Brits?

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    To me, the British empire is most sickeningly biased in the evaluation of its boxers, who are generally scrubs. A plow horse like Hatton can be a superstar in Great Britain, whereas he would be a minor draw stateside and seen for the nag he is.

The Brits go nuts with accolades and superlatives every time they have a decent fighter. They get straight away to the task of turning him into a newspaper ATG, without waiting for evidence.

This is what happened with their oaf Joshua, and he turned out to be a scrub. Now, because he has defeated a porcine Ruiz on the second try by emulating the Klitscho-scared style, they are right back on their high horses, once again proclaiming him to be the heavyweight messiah.

He is sure to be beaten again soon. That prediction has a qualifier, though. They have to let him fight someone dangerous. They probably will try to minimize danger with their opponent selection.

Brits, the world has not forgotten with you that your oaf is a big scrub who was cold cócked by the fattest heavyweight champion ever, it turns out. Joshua would not last three rounds with Wilder, and would likely be out in one.

Is there any nation of boxing fans as sickening as the Brits?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...ammad-Ali.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...ammad-Ali.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...e-concern.html

Comment

It's more the commentators I think, the classic example is the surprise KO of Khan by a journeyman. Every time I want a LOL........

Comment

I think any ethnically biased or nationalistic fanbase in general sucks. Nationalistic is bad (IMO) but makes a bit of sense but the ethnically biased (especially when they hate based on others race or nationality) is the worst kind of scum among the boxing fan base. The sad thing is, it’s the VAST majority on the main page and social media.

Comment

I detest those English halfwits singling their little song, and they are not commentators but thousands of everyday fans. I want the limey smashed every time it starts.

Comment

Can't stand it either. That's why I loved seeing Hatton get TKO'd by Mayweather in Floyd's 39th fight. They weren't in a Hatton wonderland THAT night.

Comment

I do not like to hate or dislike a boxer because of his fan base, but I am only human, or so I like to believe.

I hatted Hatton, because I have been to England, and visited Manchester, among other places. I hate it when they start singing walking in a winter wonderland. I enjoyed seeing Hatton get flattened against Floyd and then by Manny too.

I somewhat expected some American to deflate that Calzage fellow, but it never happened.

I will state here, that I do like Mr. Froch a lot. He punches hard, fights hard, gives the fans their money's worth, and goes all in.

I enjoyed seeing Froch whip Groves twice.

Comment

scotland: they have such great fighters, but they don't show them enough love.

Benny Lynch and Ken Buchannan come to mind.

Right after the semi-legendary Jimmy Wilde, those men are the best that the entire U.K. has produced. Some of the absolute best we've ever seen on film at their respective weights.

Comment

I love passionate fans, and the brits are among the worlds most passionate. From the outside looking in, I love to see how they adore their fighter when he wins and it’s also quite good to see them when their fighter loses. It’s good to see how they generally applaud if their fighter loses in valiant fashion, and also how they disown him if he loses by quit. True original English sportsmanship.

I have myself been a fan of many danish fighters along with literally millions of others. It’s pretty cool to live in the hype bubble and share to collective sorrow when he loses. What’s not to like? Passionate fans is what makes the sport the greatest in the world.

Note: The above is purely nationalistic. Rooting for a fighter only because of the color of his skin is obviously despicable.

Comment

Working...
                  X