No announcement yet.

Alternatives for boxing cardio besides running? And tips for my amateur debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    So 8 weeks later..I made my debut last night in front of a couple of hundred people, I have managed to get some footage of my fight and I'd love to hear your opinions and also how I could improve. We were both knackered so form is pretty terrible but it was definitely good experience , I'm the Southpaw in the red corner:

Round 2 - https://youtu.be/zeRViG3povs
    Round 3 - https://youtu.be/-aVQxF5YIBM
    You look pretty good. I only watched round 3 and it was obvious both of you were getting fatigued. You did a great job of avoiding his big hooks, and controlled the ring pretty well. I could see you telegraph the left a couple time midround, and it looks like he caught you one good time with your right hand down. You look good, keep up the work

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      You look pretty good. I only watched round 3 and it was obvious both of you were getting fatigued. You did a great job of avoiding his big hooks, and controlled the ring pretty well. I could see you telegraph the left a couple time midround, and it looks like he caught you one good time with your right hand down. You look good, keep up the work
      Aha thanks bud, defo need to work on keeping my hands up but gratefuul to get my first win!

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        Hello sir, I finally made my debut a couple of days ago and I was wondering if you could take a look and let me know what improvements you think I could make. I'd really appreciate it couldnt get hold of round 1 but links to round 2 and 3 are above
        How old are you?...........

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          How old are you?...........
          I'm 21 in May so getting on a bit ahaha

Comment

Love how he was goading you waving you for more in the second but literally threw 2 clean punches all round.

Work your jab more, keep jabbing and when you've thrown what you think is enough jabs, throw a few more jabs, Hahaha.

Don't beat yourself up, for a first bout with nerves, inexperience etc, I think you did OK.

That big left was very telegraphed though and a bit windmilly, try to work on distance and controlling it in sparring, as previously stated, work that jab, jab and slip, jab and shuffle your feet in so that when you throw the left you should be right on his nose and he will have less time to see it coming. it was a bit wild because your range wasn't there, and you have lazy footwork - I don't mean that as an insult by the way, the most common mistakes from newbies always stems from poor footwork, speak to your coach about drills to move your feet fast in and out the pocket

++++ you have good stamina and conditioning for a newbie, you were def the busier fighter and looked more comfortable over the rounds.

You stayed composed when he applied a little pressure and when your shots were not landing so well done

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
              Love how he was goading you waving you for more in the second but literally threw 2 clean punches all round.

Work your jab more, keep jabbing and when you've thrown what you think is enough jabs, throw a few more jabs, Hahaha.

Don't beat yourself up, for a first bout with nerves, inexperience etc, I think you did OK.

That big left was very telegraphed though and a bit windmilly, try to work on distance and controlling it in sparring, as previously stated, work that jab, jab and slip, jab and shuffle your feet in so that when you throw the left you should be right on his nose and he will have less time to see it coming. it was a bit wild because your range wasn't there, and you have lazy footwork - I don't mean that as an insult by the way, the most common mistakes from newbies always stems from poor footwork, speak to your coach about drills to move your feet fast in and out the pocket

++++ you have good stamina and conditioning for a newbie, you were def the busier fighter and looked more comfortable over the rounds.

You stayed composed when he applied a little pressure and when your shots were not landing so well done
              Love the feedback, green K sent. Completely agree, rather than work my way in with footwork and angles I tend to just walk forward, definitely need to work on that especially against a better opponent. Also over reliant on that left hand which I threw from way too far out
              Last edited by SalimShady1212; 03-27-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X