Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the main issue, Canelo fighting a WW or Canelo fighting Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the main issue, Canelo fighting a WW or Canelo fighting Khan?

If Canelo were fighting a different (top 10) Welterweight (not named Mayweather) like lets say Thurman, Porter, Pacquiao, Maidana etc. would it still be just as bad as Khan? Or is the main issue that Canelo is fighting "Khan" of all the welterweights to choose from? Explain...

for me its fighting a WW. As the middleweight champion having the ability to choose from everyone you choose a WW.

Comment

The issue is that come fight time, Canelo is coming in at around 170. So when the two fighters meet there will be a big size difference. I want to see the fight, I just cant beleive its going to happen, Khan is a great offensive fighter so its going to be fun while it last..I dont think he can stop Canelo from coming in and straight knocking his block off.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
        The issue is that come fight time, Canelo is coming in at around 170. So when the two fighters meet there will be a big size difference. I want to see the fight, I just cant beleive its going to happen, Khan is a great offensive fighter so its going to be fun while it last..I dont think he can stop Canelo from coming in and straight knocking his block off.
        You are a more loyal fan than I my friend because I refuse to watch this absurd matchup and Im a WWE fan lol! I refuse to watch it because of the weight difference you mentioned and because Khan was TKO'd twice at his prime weight, I dont see how he can go up 2 and have any sort of chance.

Comment

Whoever beats Canelo, it won't be some dude that got stopped by Danny Garcia at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            You are a more loyal fan than I my friend because I refuse to watch this absurd matchup and Im a WWE fan lol! I refuse to watch it because of the weight difference you mentioned and because Khan was TKO'd twice at his prime weight, I dont see how he can go up 2 and have any sort of chance.
            Yes I am a loyal boxing fan, and yes it took me some time to actually believe the news when I heard it. But its almost like watching a goldfish put into a tank with a Piranha..we all know whats going to happen, but we still want to watch it. I give Khan credit, the man has big balls for sure.

Comment

Id say the fact that he's fighting any WW when he hold's the MW strap is a farce. Add to that, hes fighting Khan to top it off....WTF

Comment

The main issue is him fighting a WW when he himself who's a MW won't even fight a true MW at the MW limit.

Comment

I'd find no issue if this was one very dominant WW fighting Canelo at 155, no issue at all. It's Khan honestly but I don't care cause I want Khan to go away.

Comment

Mostly that it's Khan.

Khan is a WW contender who really only has one decent win (Alexander) at the weight class, and has avoided most serious tests and big punchers all together. He has shown numerous times that he has a shaky chin and leaky defense @ weights lighter than 147lbs against fighters with lower KO %s than Canelo's, though granted that he has no shortage of heart when he is hurt.

This is in addition to the fact that Canelo is a top notch boxer, so basically Khan has almost no advantages (just speed).

All signs point to Khan being stopped, and potentially being seriously hurt.

EDIT: The fact that it's a WW in general upsets some because they feel the MW strap ought not to be defended against someone with no experience above 147lbs and who is very unlikely to defend against a 160lb fighter. But trust me, if Khan was coming off of a couple big wins (say he beat Garcia and Brook) the attitude would be a lot different than him coming off of a long layoff where his previous performance was a competitive fight with someone he was expected to dominate.
                    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 02-05-2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X