Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the main issue, Canelo fighting a WW or Canelo fighting Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting off a fight with GGG to fight a Welterweight!

In doing this he RUINED the Middleweight Division, he and Cotto to be honest with their 155 BS. Still like both fighters so nothing personal but it is a 154 Belt that is Vacant because of Mayweather retiring, I don't know why that Belt is just sitting their Vacant like nobody wants anything to do with it.

If he is not ready for GGG, drop that middleweight belt, go down 1 lbs. fight Khan for that vacant 154 WBC Strap I don't think anybody would be complaining at all if this fight was for a Super Welterweight Belt at 154 instead of a Middleweight Belt at 155.

But as far as this being for the Middleweight Lineal Champion and the Middleweight Ring Belt...That is ***ing insulting to not only GGG but the legendary Middleweights from years past

Yes 154.5-160lbs is considered Middleweight but why not just commit to 1 Division, either lose 1lb and fight at 154 or add the extra 5-6 lbs and commit to the Middleweight Division!
    Last edited by sicko; 02-05-2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

As a big Canelo fan, it's a little embarrassing. I know iys mostly just to have a big name for a big event, because they sure as hell can't sell the credible fights on PPV ie Murray Lee Macklin Andrade etc. Those guys are non existent for business but would be better more competitive fights.

Anything less than GGG is going to catch alot of heat...

But maybe Khan might shock, he has talent, like it or not...

Comment

I have no problems with a guy jumping up two weight classes. Its the kind of **** I love to see in boxing. My problem is that it is Khan. The only two guys at welterweight that I think should have an opportunity at the lineal middleweight title, without campaigning there are Bradley and Pac. Big ups to Khan, but he should'nt of got this opportunity imo.

Comment

Fighting a WW is not a major problem given that it's at 155, it's basically a one division jump.

People complain that Canelo comes in at 169 on fight night, but it's common place. Nobody complained when Maidana entered WW fights at 165.

The problem is the mismatch. A chinny Khan who has been dropped about 10 times at lower weights and KO'd coming up to fight an elite fighter who is also a powerhouse.
          Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 02-05-2016, 01:15 PM.

Comment

The entire situation is just embarassing. A "middleweight champion" fighting at a catchweight of 155 against a chinless 147lber. No you cant make this stuff up.

Comment

Neither. It's that he's not fighting GGG. If he fought Rosado, Monroe, or Heiland he would've been destroyed. So if you're going to get criticized regardless. Get the biggest name that makes the most money.

Comment

For me the main problem is the fact he's fighting a ww. But it only adds salt to the wound that it's Khan, a chinny fighter who's had a title shot opportunity at ww sitting on the table (Brook) and has refused because he wants the highest profile fighter in the world to face without earning his place.

The other thing is Canelo is not even a small mw, like Cotto, he's huge. Why is he still fighting at 155 & why is her
                fighting a ww that never even won a title there?

Comment

Khan would be in danger of getting knocked out by any of the champions at 130lbs. He's an elite talent with elite heart, unfortunately he has the chin of a nerdy 5th grader.

Comment

Canelo should be fighting GGG but he isn't. He should be defending the title at 160 but he is defending it at 155. He should be defending it against a high ranked middleweight if he is not going to fight GGG but he isn't. I think of Canelo as my favorite fighter but not as the world's middleweight champion. He never fought above 155 in his career. GGG is the real middleweight champion if you go by fair play and reality. Martinez, Cotto and Canelo all ducked him big time when he was their number 1 challenger. Khan has done nothing to deserve a shot at the WBC middleweight title but he is ranked number 1 at welterweight by the WBC . I think they have him way too high and number 6 would be more accurate. The Canelo haters would complain no matter who he fought. I don't think he should be fighting Khan but I am not really pissed off about it. Khan asked for this fight and that was very brave of him. He is getting his wish. Khan was talking about fighting Cotto before Cotto lost to Canelo and nobody was too upset about that. Canelo is a guy that some fans love to hate. They exaggerate how big he is and say he weighs 180 on fight night when he really weighs 170 on fight night. Khan has matured into a pretty big man and he said he will be a hard 165 pounds on fight night. This fight will make huge money for everybody no matter how many fans hate the fight. Many fans will love the fight and pay to see it. I am sure Khan and Canelo will be very well paid. Canelo is a prize fighter and this fight is the ultimate low risk high reward. OK so Canelo is taking a cherry pick fight. It's not like he is the only champion picking a cherry. Look at Crawford's last title defense and his up coming title defense. Look at Lara's last 3 title defenses and Wilder's last 3 title defenses. Everyone they fought was a low ranked cherry pick no more worthy of a title shot than Khan is.

Comment

I feel as though if your a MIDDLE WEIGHT champion you should be fighting middle weights

Comment

Working...
                      X