No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Admits....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan Admits....

He'd be more interested in a fight with Garcia later in the year (should Garcia beat Thurman), than the much anticipated domestic showdown with Kell Brook.

Even though it's a tougher fight for him, he feels its more important to his legacy. Say what you want about the guy, but it's a refreshing perspective. He'd easily make a career high purse against Brook, but he'd rather avenge his defeat to Garcia.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/amir-khan-admits-hes-leaning-9758892

Or waiting on the sidelines secretly for cotto.

Comment

Khan ducking Brook has to be one of the biggest ducks in history.

Comment

I think it's more that Khan's pride will never be able to live down being ko'ed by a fellow U.K. fighter. If he gets knocked out by Garcia again he can at least say that he went down chasing revenge like a real warrior. Btw, for the idiots out there at the time of the first knock down Garcia had landed the exact same amount of punches in the round, meaning that Garcia had already successfully got Khan's timing down. If they fight again,Khan will be knocked out again because it wasn't a fluke.

Comment

Khan V Brook is a stadium fight do happens in Spring/Summer 2018.

Comment

I pay no attention to what Khan says he is going to do because he almost never does it. In the last few years Khan has only fought a little more than once a year. Only his very high paying fight with Canelo was against a good fighter. When and if Khan actually fights a top 10 welterweight I will be interested. Until then he is just a big talker who does nothing to back up his talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              Khan ducking Brook has to be one of the biggest ducks in history.
              I think the fight happens, it's apparent, just not until Khan is damn ready for it to.

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              I think it's more that Khan's pride will never be able to live down being ko'ed by a fellow U.K. fighter. If he gets knocked out by Garcia again he can at least say that he went down chasing revenge like a real warrior. Btw, for the idiots out there at the time of the first knock down Garcia had landed the exact same amount of punches in the round, meaning that Garcia had already successfully got Khan's timing down. If they fight again,Khan will be knocked out again because it wasn't a fluke.
              That may be true, but what I took from it, is Khan just continuing to troll Brook. He told him to fight his mandatory, and he'd fight him at the end of the year, and now that it looks like Brook is going to take the fight, and only a few days before the purse bid, Khan comes out and says he'd rather fight Garcia if he wins....lol
              On top of that, he says Garcia is the harder fight! If you're a Brook fan, you've got to feel for the guy, if not, this **** is just comical. I've never seen any fighter give another fighter this much control over their career for a potential fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankdestroyer View Post
                Or waiting on the sidelines secretly for cotto.
                ^^^wwcd

Khan doesn't beat Brook or Garcia (or a host of the other top challengers, tbh), but he's seemingly making the calculus that, were he to lose to Garcia, he could still head to the UK to fight Brook for a big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  ^^^wwcd

Khan doesn't beat Brook or Garcia (or a host of the other top challengers, tbh), but he's seemingly making the calculus that, were he to lose to Garcia, he could still head to the UK to fight Brook for a big payday.
                  I don't think Khan beats Brook, Pacquiao, Thurman, or Spence. The fact is, he's just not that good.

Comment

surely this is a bigger fight, with Khan possibly avenging a loss and picking up 2 belts?

But Id prefer khan v brook just for the grudge.

Comment

Working...
                    X