Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence vs Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman is a fraud. He's always the first to call out a fighter moving up to 147, like Khan Garcia, but wasn't calling out natural welters like Brook

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      He also mentioned Vargas who is unavailable and probably won't be champ after the Pac fight. How is he gonna unify with a guy who already has a fight. He also mentioned Brook who's out until spring and he's Spence mandatory. If Spence gets that belt let's see if he's still wants to unify. He was checking for Spence before the Bundu fight but won't mention his name now. Spence is not accomplished than Thurman was when he was calling out Mayweather
      It's not hard to work out, he's saying he wants to fight the champions in the division, Vargas and Brook are currently champions. It's about context, he was probably asked 'which fights interest you right now' and replied with the generic boxer's answer, naming all the champions.

I just told you, he did mention Spence and said he was impressed, gave him credit. But Spence isn't a champion right now, he's still a contender, he's not going to fight Spence instead of guys like Porter and Garcia, who bring more money and are bigger names at this stage. He's also not going to fight Spence because he beat one of Thurman's previous opponents more impressively.

And did Thurman get that fight with Mayweather? No, because he wasn't deserving of it. In fact, he didn't get any notable names on his resume until last year (Guerrero). So just like Thurman and every other up and coming fighter, Spence is going to wait his turn, he doesn't get a special pass. And when he gets his chance, I'm sure he'll take it and set up a fight with Thurman, the fight will happen when there is something in it for both of them.

Comment

Thurman is a fraud. He's always the first to call out a fighter moving up to 147, like Khan Garcia, but wasn't calling out natural welters like Brook
        lol...he's called out Brook plenty of times, in fact, he said the night Brook beat Porter, he would be happy to take that fight...in the UK.

Comment

If Brook does what everyone is expecting him to do, drop the IBF title, Spence should abandon the IBF and fight Berto for the WBC #1 spot. Then the winner is Thurman vs Garcia would have to fight him.

You got Thurman naming fighters he wants to fight and not bringing up Spence name. Garcia fighting Spence leftovers. These guys ain't to eager to fight Spence so he has to position himself to force a fight with them. If he wins the IBF they'll say Jeff Horn was a nobody so he doesn't deserve a shot against them.

(I'm unclear on the WBC rules but Berto is ranked #1. I'm not sure if beating Berto would make Spence #1. Let me know if you know the answer)
          ... or the winner of the Thurman-Garcia fight, in a move away from an Amir Khan fight that most folks aren't all that excitied about, could simply fight whomever is the IBF 147 champ at that point, to unify the WBC/WBA/IBF belts at the weight (ignoring the WBO belt, as the WBO has made it clear that they have no intention to try and clear up the issues with mandatory defenses, a move that the other three bodies have been working together to smooth out).

Going the WBC route moves Spence 2-3 fights from finally getting his title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
            yeah but...you and I know very well on the term ''beaten fighter.'' And Bundu lost his L to Thurman. People were saying that Bundu was already old at the time or that perhaps Thurman had an off night.

I mean many of us say that Hatton had already been defeated by Floyd with a beautiful check hook and given him his first loss. HBO then glorified Pac for beating the dude with that L taken away by another master..

Speaking of Algieri, let's be honest. The amount of punishment Algieri took from Pac surely had an effect facing a powerful ass Southpaw like Spence. It was clear through the Pac fight that Algieri can't fancy Southpaws..

So in a nutshell, beating a seasoned 147 Bundu, a guy that did easy work on Gavin, who Brook fought....I mean Thurman is being underappreciated broheim...

And again, PBC has all this under the radar. Haymon has to build that fight for the sake of his brand
            You have no way of knowing that with any certainty.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              You have no way of knowing that with any certainty.
              I said an effect. IF you want to challenge a % of that ''effect'' and pretend beatings don't wear a fighter down then so be it..

How many times did Algieri get floored?

Comment

NO! Get the IBF Title and look to Unify! He worked his way up to IBF #1 why walk away from that now?

These Belt Ranks are the problem with Boxing and why we get stuck with **** matches, why is he not rated by the WBC but he is #1 by the IBF, #4 by the WBA, #3 by the WBO, but not even rated Top 10 by the WBC that is so fuking stupid! Didn't even realize he wasn't rated by the WBC until he tweeted replying to some idiot asking why he is not part of the WBC Testing Program as if he is avoiding it on purpose or something but they don't even have him ranked!

Comment

Spence would make more money if he won the IBF then unified rather than being the mandatory don't you think?

Plus beating Berto would only make Spence second in line. Amir Khan is actually the mandatory to the WBC belt.
                  Last edited by SkillspayBills; 10-15-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    lol...he's called out Brook plenty of times, in fact, he said the night Brook beat Porter, he would be happy to take that fight...in the UK.
                    Danny and Khan didn't have a belt when he called them out when they moved up

Comment

Spence vs Thurman is the best fight you can make at ww right now. I dont mind them building it up but just be honest about it. I dont like when they start coming up with excuses and turning this into entertainment weekly.

Comment

Working...
                      X