Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN USA Signing Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has failure written all over it in the U.S. No one outside of real die hard boxing fans will get this app to see mostly fighters they barely or never heard of. They need more than just a few known names. I’d easily at this point get ESPN+ over this.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      Beterbiev is with GYM promotions, Bivol is with World of Boxing and Main Events in the US. So Hearn isn't signing those guys to Matchroom. It's possible to work with them show their fights on DAZN, the way they're showing the Beterbiev fight. Instead of being loud and obnoxious about having money to sign fighters, he should have approached promoters and gave them the opportunity to have DAZN show their fights in the same way that Arum allows other prmoters show fights on ESPN
      Just because Beterbiev is with GYM doesn't mean he can't be signed to DAZN. Hearn is trying to sign Davis who is with Mayweather Promotions but said he is offering to co-promote and put him on DAZN.

So Beterbiev to DAZN is absolutely possible.

Comment

Wilder/AJ will never happen on DAZN in the US. It might be on DAZN for other countries but not the US. No big PPV fights will be shown on DAZN USA. That's a lot of money that the networks, fighters and promoters will lose on. From my understanding, DAZN doesn't stream the same content in the countries it's available. For example, the NFL is only available through DAZN in Canada. DAZN in the US will not show any of the major sports like NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL. I doubt they give them the rights to Nascar and Golf as well.
        Hearn tried to put Joshua/Wilder on DAZN LATER THIS YEAR. And there is still no guarantee a fight taking place in the UK could be PPV in the states. Espinoza certainly thinks it can happen, but make no mistake that Hearn wants it on DAZN. If Hearn has his way, he puts it on Sky Box Office PPV in the UK and DAZN in the states.

Comment

Big signing to DAZN will be Anthony Joshua.

Comment

PBC mismatches? Come on, just look at all the garbage fights that Hearn has been putting on. The sad thing he puts them on PPV in the UK. The difference between cable and DAZN is that you could watch cable every day in the US. DAZN isn't going to have boxing everyday all day. I have the ESPN+ app that I forgot to cancel after the trial and I haven't used it since. There's nothing on there thats interesting to me and could careless about old fights that I already saw. People complain about paying $5 for ESPN+, you really think they wanna go out and pay another $15-20 for a streaming service just for boxing in the US.
            don't cancel ESPN+ yet fam. You got Manny Pac Saturday and two weeks later the Christopher Diaz title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              that will be the biggest one with it being filled out by guys like Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Nah more likely Keith Thurman. But not for a long term deal just something so he can get some warm up fights for his return. Maybe a two or three fight deal. Also is andre ward on the table?

Mikey Garcia 100% going with Zuffa boxing no exception.

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                  Nah more likely Keith Thurman. But not for a long term deal just something so he can get some warm up fights for his return. Maybe a two or three fight deal. Also is andre ward on the table?

Mikey Garcia 100% going with Zuffa boxing no exception.
                  Possibly re: Thurman. I’m not convinced but it makes sense.

Comment

Well, doesn't look like Mikey is going to Hearn unless the offer improves.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Well, doesn't look like Mikey is going to Hearn unless the offer improves.
                      Mikey Garcia confirms to me he has been and is still talking to Dana White. Wants to get past Easter, Jr. fight first, but seems completely open to it. There is absolutely interest in working with him.

that's today. plus mikey has been sporting zuffa gear like crazy on ellie sechbach.

Comment

Working...
                      X