No announcement yet.

DAZN USA Signing Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    Bivol has fought on his cards before, it wont be hard to bring him to fight on DAZN he doesnt have to actually sign him.. the same with any fighter.

Broner apparently came back after giving off the whole slavedeal **** on his insta and got ignored, but now somehow has managed to pull a rabbit out of his arse if this 50 mil deal with TMT is true.

Garcia actually looks likely, he's spoken highly of hearn saying he knows what makes money and i think theyre waiting until after his next fight to get things started again in terms of talks.

Lets face it, unless hearn pulls a huge one and names every, and i mean every PBC fighter out of the bag underneath everyones noses, the vast majority on here will slag him off.

If i was American, id much rather pay 20 a month to see more competitive bouts than pay my cable subscriptions to see PBC mismatches with only the occasional great fight that i could just stream.

but hey... im white and british so my opinion doesnt count for that
    Broner got 50 million? You are out of your f'n mind if you believe that.

PBC mismatches? SHO has consistely put on the best cards the last two years over any other network.

If Garcia takes his deal, then that will be announced another time. Hearn said he will talk again after the Easter fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
      Bivol came out on June 29th dismissing the DAZN talk as "just rumors." Is it plausible that Eddie Hearn convinced him in the past 11 days?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvt0...outu.be&t=5m1s
      timestamped
      Definitely possible.

Comment

What American fighters do you think he will sign? What foreign fighters with appeal to American fans do you think he will sign?
        At a guess, Thurman, Mikey and Hurd

Comment

Success will give DAZN a reputation, but how can it succeed with only Keith Thurman and Mikey Garcia (if the two even sign)? They aren't worth the money unless they're fighting the best competition, and the former doesn't intend to do that for at least a year.

To be honest I can't think of a realistic way for DAZN to last more than 2 years.

Comment

Success will give DAZN a reputation, but how can it succeed with only Keith Thurman and Mikey Garcia (if the two even sign)? They aren't worth the money unless they're fighting the best competition, and the former doesn't intend to do that for at least a year.

To be honest I can't think of a realistic way for DAZN to last more than 2 years.
            Well, that's why Hearn desperately wants Joshua/Wilder to take place on DAZN.

I made a thread that pretty much covers why he will have a hard time and the things he should be doing. Basically instead of trying to sign big name fighters to a unproven platform, he should have tried to work with Haymon and THEN try to sign fighters after the proof of concept was a success.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              I'd venture to guess the likes of Andrade/Bivol/Relikh/Beterbiev/etc. Hearn still thinks he has a chance with Garcia, but let's see how that plays out.

Obviously some of the prospects and amateurs. If he's smart, he will try to lock up Khalil Coe but doubt that happens.
              Beterbiev is with GYM promotions, Bivol is with World of Boxing and Main Events in the US. So Hearn isn't signing those guys to Matchroom. It's possible to work with them show their fights on DAZN, the way they're showing the Beterbiev fight. Instead of being loud and obnoxious about having money to sign fighters, he should have approached promoters and gave them the opportunity to have DAZN show their fights in the same way that Arum allows other prmoters show fights on ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                Bivol has fought on his cards before, it wont be hard to bring him to fight on DAZN he doesnt have to actually sign him.. the same with any fighter.

Broner apparently came back after giving off the whole slavedeal **** on his insta and got ignored, but now somehow has managed to pull a rabbit out of his arse if this 50 mil deal with TMT is true.

Garcia actually looks likely, he's spoken highly of hearn saying he knows what makes money and i think theyre waiting until after his next fight to get things started again in terms of talks.

Lets face it, unless hearn pulls a huge one and names every, and i mean every PBC fighter out of the bag underneath everyones noses, the vast majority on here will slag him off.

If i was American, id much rather pay 20 a month to see more competitive bouts than pay my cable subscriptions to see PBC mismatches with only the occasional great fight that i could just stream.

but hey... im white and british so my opinion doesnt count for that
                PBC mismatches? Come on, just look at all the garbage fights that Hearn has been putting on. The sad thing he puts them on PPV in the UK. The difference between cable and DAZN is that you could watch cable every day in the US. DAZN isn't going to have boxing everyday all day. I have the ESPN+ app that I forgot to cancel after the trial and I haven't used it since. There's nothing on there thats interesting to me and could careless about old fights that I already saw. People complain about paying $5 for ESPN+, you really think they wanna go out and pay another $15-20 for a streaming service just for boxing in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  At a guess, Thurman, Mikey and Hurd
                  Mikey isn't signing with Hearn. Mikey is being cordial with Hearn about talking after his fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Well, that's why Hearn desperately wants Joshua/Wilder to take place on DAZN.

I made a thread that pretty much covers why he will have a hard time and the things he should be doing. Basically instead of trying to sign big name fighters to a unproven platform, he should have tried to work with Haymon and THEN try to sign fighters after the proof of concept was a success.
                    Wilder/AJ will never happen on DAZN in the US. It might be on DAZN for other countries but not the US. No big PPV fights will be shown on DAZN USA. That's a lot of money that the networks, fighters and promoters will lose on. From my understanding, DAZN doesn't stream the same content in the countries it's available. For example, the NFL is only available through DAZN in Canada. DAZN in the US will not show any of the major sports like NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL. I doubt they give them the rights to Nascar and Golf as well.

Comment

Eddie has a "Big Announcement" every other damn week and never delivers

Thurman might be possible which will look like Thurman is running away from Spence Jr but if he is Jumping to DAZN then it will be for a TON of Money Guaranteed Per Fight.

Maybe he does land The Charlo Brothers, Keith Thurman which would be GREAT for DAZN but I think it will be some Decent Names along with mostly Prospects

Comment

Working...
                      X