Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Mayweather is TBE? Never Came Close To What I Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
    I'll leave it like this.

If someone asked me what the first thing that comes to mind about Ali is, I will always answer: Larry Holmes, a former sparring partner, teeing off at will while Ali screams in pain.

Had Ali never taken that fight, his performance against Foreman would have been the dominant memory.
    if you recall holmes ali over -

ali liston1 and 2
    fight of century
    rumble in jungle

then you clearly have an agenda.

This is akin to noticing Usain Bolt losing a race at age 14 and forgetting he was the most lauded, fastest, most credited sprinter in history. good luck with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
      if you recall holmes ali over -

ali liston1 and 2
      fight of century
      rumble in jungle

then you clearly have an agenda.

This is akin to noticing Usain Bolt losing a race at age 14 and forgetting he was the most lauded, fastest, most credited sprinter in history. good luck with that.

Their logic utterly absurd. It's also funny how Roy is the only fighter they do this with. No mention of other greats like Duran and Joe Louis who fought on too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        What is the LATEST memory of Usain Bolt?

Him running a normal time after once being heralded the fastest in the world - which just validated for people that he was finally off steroids. And no, he was never caught, doesn't change the fact that all of a sudden he became just another runner out of the clear blue. PEDs.

Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post
        No mention of other greats like Duran and Joe Louis who fought on too long.
        Duran never lost in absolute brutal fashion except when Hearns damn near killed him - but you're a liar if you don't agree that the #1 memory of Duran is "No Mas". That forever overshadows everything else as far as the FIRST thing you think about. Not his epic destruction of Pipino Cuevas.

Besides, Duran is the only one of the "Four Kings" to lose to all three of the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          TBE is just a marketing tool to sell more hats and T-shirts. I don’t know why everyone catches feelings over that. It’s like they’ve never had a marketing campaign before.
          Seriously lol. I'm a fan of Floyd in the ring and I've never referred to him as TBE. I think it's smart marketing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
            Roy was a better fighter than Floyd...but Floyd was a better boxer than Roy.
            I like Roy, despise Floyd and his bafoonery but I think Floyd would beat Chavez SR, Whitaker, Pryor and has close fights with Duran and Leonard.
            Robsinson, hearns and winky Wright were really big guys compared to Floyd so not really fair to compare.
            This is what I always say. So much of what Roy was came from just being a once a generation athlete. His peak was much higher than Floyd's but Floyd's sustained level of greatness lasted much longer and Floyd is possibly one of the best technical and smartest fighters ever.

Comment

• rjj had a much softer road to greatness than may did

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                ������This thread is riddled with a load of TMT snapback wearing, hard work/dedication chanting virgins who think boxing began in 2007.����
                That's bulls-eye lol

Cop Killa'

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  What is the LATEST memory of Usain Bolt?

Him running a normal time after once being heralded the fastest in the world - which just validated for people that he was finally off steroids. And no, he was never caught, doesn't change the fact that all of a sudden he became just another runner out of the clear blue. PEDs.

if its about whats in your head, and not in reality, you should have made it clear in the first place.

I have no idea what goes in inside your mind.

Duran never lost in absolute brutal fashion except when Hearns damn near killed him - but you're a liar if you don't agree that the #1 memory of Duran is "No Mas".
                  in your head I'm a liar ok. but outside I'm not. First thing that comes to mind about Duran is that for "No Mas" to have any kind of meaning, he must have been helluva fighter not to barely get stopped in the rest of his career, and SRL likewise to acheive that against such a warrior. IT is in no way a statement that he is SHYTE!

This is a mark of greatness, not a roy jones exhibition fight equivalent.

Someone here needs to look at the world outside their head once in a while.
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-08-2018, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Roy was never a better boxer than Floyd. Roy's athletic gifts allowed him to be exciting but once that faded Roy didn't have his skills to fall back on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post
                      Their logic utterly absurd. It's also funny how Roy is the only fighter they do this with. No mention of other greats like Duran and Joe Louis who fought on too long.
                      fact. Fighters deserve criticism for what they DID do wrong, but not for what they didnt.

Comment

Working...
                      X