Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could be one boxer who woudl you be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Mayweather, without the height though.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      But they have enough where they should be set for life. They need to be smarter with saving their money, like Larry Holmes and Rocky Marciano. Didn't someone start an organization for retired boxers to not go broke? Who was that, Gerry Cooney?

Marciano was not smart with money. He kept it in paper bags, didn't know what a bank was and always settled for half his fee but in cash. He used D'ego logic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        Marciano was not smart with money. He kept it in paper bags, didn't know what a bank was and always settled for half his fee but in cash. He used D'ego logic.
        You mean Dago logic. But he always had enough walking around money, didn't have to pay much in taxes since there wasn't much to report to the IRS and if he got divorced, nothing on record for a wife to take half of. At least he didn't die poor.

More like immigrant logic and having to avoid a thieving manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          At least he didn't die poor.
          Marciano died a wealthy man, but I doubt he was a happy man.
          Several sources say he got obsessed with money after his boxing career, almost in a pathological way.
          People who get addicted to dollars and forget to ‘enjoy the little things in life’ generally never get satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
            Several sources say he got obsessed with money after his boxing career, almost in a pathological way.
            People who get addicted to dollars and forget to ‘enjoy the little things in life’ generally never get satisfied.

Citizen Rocky was settling for half his appearance fee by way of cash and probably skipping uncle Sam's cut.

Gangsters were good for springing for dinner now and then. Rock was always into saving a penny. The champ does not pay for women. Actually, he sizes up each date as to whether she will pay.

Comment

Oh yeah, I heard about that too. Rocky probably had moments of happiness when he was banging all those women on the road though.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                so you like taking spatulas up your bumhole then ? Sure you want to be de la hoya ?
                I wrote that post eight years ago. He'd not long retired. He had a good career and retired with plenty of money in the bank.

Still seems to be successful, still has his faculties. Good for him.

As for the trolling regarding 'spatulas' and 'bum hole' I'm afraid not. I don't believe I've ever commented on any of your posts before and wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to why you directed such a revolting, ****phobic slur in my direction.

I think this forum would be better off without you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  I wrote that post eight years ago. He'd not long retired. He had a good career and retired with plenty of money in the bank.

As for the trolling regarding 'spatulas' and 'bum hole' I'm afraid not. I don't believe I've ever commented on any of your posts before and wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to why you directed such a revolting, ****phobic slur in my direction.

A sense of dark humour is free....you dont have to pay for it mr da la hoya

Comment

I think in a way thats a bit like mayweather....spends it like it means nothing , same as objects with him.
                    Must be very sad really

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post

obviously you have missed the news on the shenanghans of oscar lately so you missed the joke on him.
                      But it was not meant as insult and sent over as tongue in cheek.
                      Btw it was not ****phobic as it involved two women Instagram models and oscar.
                      I realize you must be of an older generation and do not appreciate that being said.
                      I applogise sugar

Comment

Working...
                      X